“One of the best in Hirafu”

The Vale Niseko Onsen
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the mineral rich water of The Vale Niseko Onsen, piped directly from a natural volcanic hot spring. Soaking in the nutritious waters is highly valued by the Japanese as beneficial to health and wellbeing, and a session in the deliciously hot water after a long day on the ski hill will soon show you why!
Reviewed 28 December 2015

I've visited this onsen numerous times and it's always enjoyable and relaxing. It is on the smaller side but I've never had a problem with it feeling crowded, (I have always avoided Christmas and Chinese New Year though) water quality is amazing and it is fitted out very nicely.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

This is a small onsen as mentioned before, but I wanted to try it because the water is straight from the source and not filtered like so many others in the area. It's beautiful to look at, and both the indoor and outdoor pools are small, but the sauna is a definite plus and you can use the pool too if you like, which makes the price fair enough.

There are combs, cotton buds and amazing smelling hand cream, and good shampoo and conditioner at the shower stations. I felt very relaxed after my bath and would return again. I especially like the outdoor pool - there is not too far to scurry in the nude!

Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

The decor is luxurious and extras like body wash, shampoo, hair brushes etc are very nice touches.

But this is way too small for the number of people who use it. There are probably 30 (maybe more) baskets for storing your belongings, but barely any space to get dressed in the change room. This makes things a bit awkward when you're trying to get out of the busy onsen.

The pools (1 inside and 1 outside) are lovely and hot. But really small, and the outdoor one faces wooden slats unlike other onsens I went to this trip which have rock walls and snow around as a privacy barrier. Give Yugokorotei or Ikoinomura a try instead. Both offer much better value (both about 400 yen cheaper) and experience.

nisade-com, Public Relations Manager at The Vale Niseko Onsen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2015

Hello lukaloo,

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Niseko.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the luxury extras in the onsen, and sorry you felt the number of visitors was too high. During the peak season of Chinese New Year we experience high traffic in the onsen, and while we do take measures to monitor this traffic it can get very busy in the early evening and we apologise for any inconvenience you were caused.

Having the onsen within the hotel has limited us to size, and due to the costs of running a high quality hot spring it is necessary for us to charge an entry fee comparable to other local onsens. I hope you enjoyed your bathing experience as much as possible, and if you would like to return in a quieter period to experience the onsen I would be more than happy to arrange a visit.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Niseko in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Emma

Customer Care
The Vale Niseko

Reviewed 20 December 2014

Visited the onsen one night and I came out feeling worse when when I got in, which really shouldn't be the case for an onsen.

The onsen is quiet appalling for a hotel of this standard. I paid 1100 yen for use and I was told that the outdoor onsen is closed because the roof is collapsing. Fine, perhaps the indoor pools will justify the cost. There is only 1 pool, and it is the size of half my bedroom. It definitely doesn't justify the cost. The quality and quantify of toiletries provided pale in comparison to the hotel I stayed a few days earlier at Jozankei Onsen. There is no facial cleanser, or moisturiser. Only shampoo, conditioner and bath foam. There is also no comb! I cannot understand why comb and moisturiser are not provided - do they think that anyone is going out with dishevelled hair and dry skin in the below freezing temp? Not very thoughtful.

Someone took my personal bath towel and I had to dry myself with the hand towel that I brought (luckily)! The Caucasian receptionist who collected my fees at the reception came into the dressing room just after I got dressed. I told her what happened and she wasn't very helpful and say that the person will probably bring it back the next day. Hello. I don't stay there! So? She asked if I still need a towel (I was fully dressed already) and I said no. Then she hurried out.

I would advise people who want a decent onsen experience to head somewhere else.

4  Thank Su Mei L
nisade-com, Owner at The Vale Niseko Onsen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear you did not have a good experience in our onsen.

Apologies for the outdoor onsen being closed due to heavy snow fall on the roof, and you should not have been charged full price. We did offer some reduced fees but unfortunately not soon enough for you to be given the lower entry fee. Sincere apologies that you were inconvenienced by this.

We have taken your feedback into serious consideration, and are now looking at sourcing more amenities and toiletries for our onsen. We offer Margaret Josefin of Japan products for Shampoo and Conditioner, and we now also offer cotton buds, combs, shower caps and moisturiser for guest comfort. We have also installed a water fountain. Thank you for your feedback in this area, and sorry you had to do without these amenities!

I hope your personal bath towel was returned to you somehow, but if not we would be more than happy to reimburse you for your towel. Please contact us to let us know how we can arrange this.

We would love for you to experience the onsen again in better circumstances, so if you would ever consider returning to try it again please don't hesitate to contact me so I can arrange a visit.

Kind Regards,