See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is a late review. I stayed in December 2015 and partly did not write the review because I was hoping to keep it a secret. Well, ok... good things should be shared. The other reason is I've not come onto TA for a while.

That trip to Hokkaido was really a very last minute decision. By the time I was looking for accommodation in Niseko, most of what I would love to consider was already taken up. Izumikyo still had a small number of cottages left but I was really concerned as 1) location - it was not on the main drag 2) I needed to split stays due to availability 3) what's left were smoking cottages.

I shouldn't have worried. The location was perfectly fine for me and that is one of the most crucial thing for me when deciding on an accommodation. The bus stop for the free Niseko bus was literally steps from the two cottages I stayed at. And the bus journey itself to the main stretch of Hirafu was 3 - 8 minutes (?) depending on the cottage.

The smoking cottages did not smell at all.

I stayed at the Terra cottage for the first part and it was really a fabulous villa. You call that cottage? The double storey place was huge for 2 adults and a child (it can easily accommodate 8 as it states) and had a very beautiful, modern yet comfortable feel to it. There are three big bedrooms, 2 washrooms and a kitchen. The living area is nice to sit down with a group and have some rowdy great time (beer not included). Terra is just two minutes walk from the management centre and a bus stop between them. The popular German bakery is just next to the management centre, so is a soup curry restaurant.

The other cottage we stayed was a lot more smaller as it catered to only a maximum of 4 guests. I remember it was named Yuki Usagi but a quick check on their site shows no more cottage under this name though Kona Yuki looks identical to the one we stayed. Maybe there was a change in name. Anyway this smaller cottage has a totally different charm and I have no complains at all.

Taking into different factors though, especially that Terra is nearer to restaurants and the management house, I will choose to stay at Terra again the next time.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family in one of the JW Cottage and it was excellent. Very beautiful and well equipped, especially the kitchen. Highly recommended. The only hassle was the trash separation as it requires us to separate trash into 7 different trash bags but hey, at least they're environmentally conscious.

Location wise was good as it was 10 mins walking distance to the main commercial area of Hirafu and there was shuttle bus for the ski resort. Overall, I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Niseko.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
izumikyo, Front staff at Izumikyo Rental Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear VJTL

Thank you very much for staying one of our cottage. We are so happy to read your nice comments. JW cottage is designed as simple, but aim to feel the harmony between Japanese and western style, which not only make you feel as comfortable as your home but also feel Japanese taste in some parts.
As you mention, garbage seperation trouble guests. We ask you to separete 7 kinds of materials, according to guideline of the garbage separation established by local goverment.

Izumikyo's area is located a little apart from Grand hirafu resort, but hence, quiet and offers good environment. We are looking forward to seeing you again in nearest future.

Izumikyo Reservation Team

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Visited Niseko in Jan 2016 with a group of friends. Izumikyo is a perfect place to stay given we have rented car for transportation otherwise there will be shuttle bus to the ski field/shops. The cottage is spacious but the sound proof need to be improved. You can hear people talking in the living room when trying to sleep. Perfect for groups/family travelling to Niseko.

Date of stay: January 2016
izumikyo, Izumikyo staff at Izumikyo Rental Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

Dear wjinu

Thank you very much for staying at our cottage.
We are sorry for noise in your cottage.
But we are happy that you had a enjoying Niseko stay.

We hope you will come again.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Had a lovely stay here, the cottage was fully equipped -even vacuum cleaner & washing machine available (prepare your own detergent), bathroom was onsen style. There were also pick up and drop off service from the Kutchan Station provided by the hotel. Shuttle service available to get to the main village, there was a stop right beside our cottage. quite a bit of a walk to the mgmt office.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
izumikyo, Front team at Izumikyo Rental Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear W_sing1

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and your review.
We are glad to hear you had a good time in Niseko.

Our cottages are aimed to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible like their home, not only for short stay guests but also for guests who stay longer.

The Izumikyo's team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Niseko.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

We 3 of us stayed in one of the cottage for 3 days. It is our second stay in Niseko. Last year, we stayed in a hotel near Hirafu welcome centre which is convenient for a new visitor as skiing trails, ticket office, skiing gear set rental are around and there are convenient shops and restaurants not far away. This time, we choose to stay in a cottage where we can cook ourselves and enjoy our stay in a very spacious house. The small cottage is very clean, warm and the kitchen is well equipped. Station for shuttle bus to Hirafu is just at the street corner 1 min walk away while station for bus to the Kutchan town is just 2 min walk away. The management staff is very nice and contact us for the free pick up service from Kutchan a few days before. There is no shop around so, we visited the Kutchan town and buy all we need to cook for breakfast in the big supermarket there.

We enjoy our stay here very much and sure will choose it again in our next stay.

Room tip: The cottage is a bit away from Hirafu centre so, it is a better choice for visitor who have visited Niseko before.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
izumikyo, Front Staff at Izumikyo Rental Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Dear helen_mama

Thank you very much for visiting Niseko Izumikyo.
We are so happy to hear that you like one of our properties.
Our accommodations are available to every type of groups from couple and family to a big group like sharing friends with offering any size of houses that we have.

We most value that our guests can stay the accommodation in clean and safety.
Your words encourage us and we are going to improve our service more and more.

Again, we really appreciate your stay and giving nice review.
We are looking forward to your next visit in the near future.