All reviews the owner beautiful pool hot tub canoa beach beautiful hotel place to stay food and drinks rooms are spacious minute walk spent two nights touring ecuador great drinks enjoyed our stay one of a kind motorcycle trip recent earthquake laid back
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Canoa, is a small town on the pacific coast. Canoa Beach Hotel is a short distance from the town a short walk on the beach or 1/4 mile on the highway. The grounds are very tropical, with many lovely plants and flowers. There is a restaurant/bar that is open to the outside on all sides having a very comfortable ambience. English is no problem, the owner is an American. Rooms are nice, and you want to get away, well here you will not have a television robbing you of your time. There is plenty to do in the area, I joined friends for some paragliding. There are many additional restaurants in town. Like sea food? Many local dishes to be enjoyed. The people are very gracious. I will be going back soon.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I really liked this place The owner is amazing and takes great pride in ensuring your stay is perfect. The food was perfect, the staff is so very helpful and friendly, the pool and bar/dinning area are very cool, the beach is right across the way, what an amazing place, can't say enough good about it. It has free wifi that may not reach some rooms but very strong in the dinning area.

Room tip: I think rooms on the ground floor facing pool are the best.
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I´ve been in Canoa beach hotel last february. We were a big group of motorbikers and we expected a smiling face wellcoming us. On the contrary we found an American young man in bad mood giving us our room´s keys. Later we went to the pool and we asked him for pool towels. Instead of bringing us one or two towels he just pointed where the towels were without moving a muscle of his face. Quite rude this young man in my opinion. Someone told me that he was there working in the hotel without being paid but living in a room for free and surfing every day. So, american young man, this is my advice: NO PAIN NO GAIN.
But in this story the main character is the owner of this hotel. An American rude and irresponsible man. I could say many more adjectives to describe him but it´s not the point.
At dinner time he came to say hello to part of the group and instead of being polite and kind he was quite the opposite with no reason,
Some of us went to the village to have dinner instead of staying there and when we came back the hotel around 22.00 the owner was behind the bar drinking alcohol with some friends (and there was Prohibition in Ecuador because of the elections) and with music playing really loud. He didn´t care about us or about disturbing our sleep with the music. He was partying with his friends until quite late, 00.00 or even later. This is the owner of this place. So, what can you expect...... and it´s not cheap. The good thing is the amazing beach in front of the hotel and the ecuatorian staff because, at least, they are always smiling and they are kind

Date of stay: February 2017
4  Thank BEGO3791
Reviewed 6 March 2017

With all hotel rooms facing the ocean, you really can't get a bad room. I stayed on the 3rd floor and have no complaints whatsoever. Staying in a place as beautiful as Canoa, you want to be outside all the time, but this hotel was wonderful.

The room was spacious, with a king sized bed, large bathroom area, and huge balcony. The A/C was cold and lovely. Two quick but potentially important notes:

1. My balcony was shared with the room next door. My neighbors were never around, so it wasn't a big deal, but if you prefer more privacy, make sure you ask for a room with a private balcony.

2. I can only speak for my room, but assuming they're all similar, know that the shower was huge but there was no door or curtain. If you're traveling with folks other than a spouse/significant other, etc., you may want to make note.

There's a pool on site that I used once or twice. It's clean, with plenty of chairs around it and bar-side stools in the water, which is always a plus.

The beach is mere steps away, with more lounge chairs under thatched umbrellas that are weighted to withstand the winds the beach provides. Canoa 'proper' is a mere 10-minute walk down the beach and Bahia is a short drive away.

The staff spoke English, so if you aren't bilingual, rest assured you'll be able to communicate clearly. I didn't eat at the restaurant. Everyone was nice and as expected in a beach-side hotel, very laid back.

For my wifi-addicted folks, know the signal is weak in the rooms, but again, in a place like Canoa, get off your device and get outside!

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank Ashley P
Reviewed 18 January 2017

The rooms are spacious with king beds. Which are hard to find in Ecuador. The pool and bar are very nice. Tulio the manager is awesome. He's a fantastic bartender and fun to hang out with even if you don't speak much Spanish. The beach is great right out from the bar. The camaron ceviche is the best in town. Tulio's daiqueri Fresca is also the best I've had.

Date of stay: January 2017