See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This hotel is located near the JR Kusatsu station. Also there are many restaurants nearby. The room was a little small but clean and very quiet. It is very convenient for one to stay overnight as a business hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2017

This Hotel was only a short walkfrom the railway station. Like most Japanese hotels the room was small but did me well.The bathroom was a unit placed insitu when the hotel was built and again small by western standards but did the job. I was able to use the internet and charge my phone and tablet with no prolems. The bed was firm and the pillar had beans one side and was soft on the other. I had no problems sleeping.The breakfast was good and there was plenty of food to choose from. Japanese food that is but thats part of the trip. There was some bread but not much, bread the Japanese way. Like most of Japan all of the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were very good.
Would I go there again yes.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Stayed here for 1 night in September 2016.

Its a short train ride from Kyoto city to Kusatsu, which exudes a peaceful small town vibe.The hotel is a short walk from the Kusatsu train station.

Room came with breakfast, and had a bit of western and japanese food to suit most tastes.

Room was a bit small, although that may be normal in Japanese standards.Bathroom was even smaller, but most importantly, the room was clean.

Simple, but pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I booked this hotel because it was nearby to Kyoto. Japanese hotel rooms are genuinely small, so I feel that I cannot complain about that. What upset me the most, was that I hardly got any sleep here. The bed is very hard, and the pillows have beans in them. Very uncomfortable. If it is in your budget, stay somewhere else. This is also one of the curfew hotels. You have to turn in room key when you go out, and be back before midnight or you cannot get back into your room. The wifi is really shotty, you'll be lucky if it works. The rooms only have 2 pronged outlets.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nia E
Reviewed 31 October 2015

I stayed here with my wife while traveling through Japan. The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the Kusatsu train station. There are several places to eat nearby. The hotel has a restaurant below the lobby, which is located on the second floor. For breakfast, you can order a western or Japanese style breakfast. We decided to go for the western breakfast as a little break from eating Japanese for several days. After receiving the breakfast and seeing what the Japanese breakfast consisted of, I wished that I had chosen the Japanese breakfast. The western left something to be desired.
The hotel room was a bit unclean. The carpet had some stains on it and the bathtub was blackened on the bottom. The slippers provided in the room also did not look very clean. The room was small, but I expected this so it wasn't a surprise. We did use the laundry facilities and they were quite handy, although they are located on a smoking floor.
I'd be eager to stay there again if they cleaned it a little better.

Date of stay: October 2015