2,073 results
All reviews the grill leisure facilities relaxation room afternoon tea changing rooms q hotels flemings restaurant steam room robes and slippers main restaurant my mum lovely hotel great facilities superior room buffet style first class birthday treat
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ì have just arrived home after an over night stay with my friends for my 40th birthday. Although not unpleasant, it's definetly not a relaxing retreat.
Upon arrival we were checked in quickly and the receptionist was lovely and chatty. The main foyer area looked beautiful with large armchairs, tables and an open fire. The next step of finding our room was the difficult part. I felt like a rat in a cage going round and through corridors upon corridors of brown doors. Eventually we found our rooms on the same level and a few doors apart, great!
Walked into our room it looked not too bad, nice high bed, nice decorative mirror etc. Then I had a look in the bathroom, the enamel was chipped on the bath, mould on the tiles, a shower screen that never swivelled so if u wanted to turn the shower on you had to jump in the bath to do so and also with a mixer tap you could choose between scalding yourself first or freezing yourself. It was very tired and definetly needed updating.
Went for our first treatment (facial) nice n relaxing, I was never pressured to buy any of the products.
Next we went for a sauna, steam room, swim. Pool area was run down looking and swimming pool extremely small and shallow about 1.5m at its deepest part. Sauna was small and basic, same with steam room. Only 3 heated loungers in the whole area. The big ugly brown robes which we were given had definitely seen better days.
After that we got changed and headed for dinner. Fried Fish was on the menu as that's all you could smell throughout the whole first floor. On sitting down our drinks order was taken prompt, and upon looking through the menu we were disappointed to find they were still using the old spring/summer menu. We really did struggle to find something to our liking and one of our company actually took to ordering from the kiddies menu. I chose the coronation chicken terrine starter, it wasn't nasty it just was missing... something? The q burger for main meal again tasteless and quite disappointing I left half. A scottish dessert platter for dessert consisted of a mini deep fried mars bar, irn bru baked Alaska (which was basically the filling of a tunnocks teacake on top of irn bru ice cream and a cranachin cheesecake with 3 dots of raspberry jus.. it just wasn't enjoyable at all. Went back to the room quite disappointed.
The bed itself was comfortable enough but the pillows were like rolled up balls of sponge. We had 3 spongey ones and 1 feather pillow.. which resulted in my friend and I tossing and turning all night :(
Breakfast was the reason 1 of the stars were given (along with the treatments). Promptly shown to the table and offered teas and coffees and shown where all the different breakfast stations were. It was extremely enjoyable and that pancake machine was brilliant!! Refills were offered halfway through which was a nice touch.
Back in for a 2nd treatment of a back massage which was bliss too then time to check out which was quick and efficient.
Would I come back? Maybe for a massage or breakfast but definetly not to sleep or have an evening meal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Julie B

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I am sorry that there have been areas of the hotel that you haven't enjoyed.

We are hoping to have some investment into our rooms soon, I am aware of the need for this, and hope to address this quickly. I am sorry to hear that the dining experience was not as you had hoped. Our new menu does launch soon, however we do have 2 restaurants in the hotel which hopefully cater for all tastes between them. I would like to reassure you that the baked Alaska is made properly, I am sorry this wasn't to your taste.

I will of course ensure that your lovely feedback on the spa & breakfast is passed to the team, they will be delighted to hear they have looked after you well.

I hope that we can welcome you back in order to restore your faith in our normally very high level of service.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a superior room (double) on dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Found my room a bit of a walk from reception but to be fair once i got there it was a good size, clean and the bed was very comfy. Although we were part of a large work group the hotel staff were very attentive and pleasant. Service and dinner was first class. The breakfast room opens at 8am and have no complaints whatsoever on the amount, variety and quality of breakfast......great start to the day. Some of my colleagues attended the spa, with others spending the afternoon hitting a golf ball around the brilliant 18 hole course. ....all said they had a great time. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Steven H

Many thanks for your lovely comments, I am delighted to hear that my team looked after you well during your event. It was a pleasure to welcome the event, we've received some fantastic comments, particularly on the golf & spa!

We'd love to welcome you back again, whether as part of the group or for a leisure break, so please don't be a stranger.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Thought the room was nice and not at all tired like other people have mentioned. We had a superior room so don't know if that makes a difference.
Breakfast was great with a good choice of hot and cold food
staff were nice and helpfull

Room Tip: Go for a superior room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear neil I

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your lovely feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel, and in particular the breakfast - nothing like a good hearty Scottish breakfast to start off the day!

I am also pleased to hear that my team have looked after you so well, and will of course ensure your lovely feedback is shared with them.

We'd love to welcome you back again soon, please don't be a stranger!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Relaxed atmosphere. The staff doing treatments are fab. Relaxation room is lovely and selection of teas makes it better than others who don't offer this. Steam room is God but mechanism in there can be noisy . Around pool needs a clean / freshen up . Handrail worn and bits of dirt hair not seen to- although could see staff cleaning maybe there aren't enough staff for this busy area? Overall a really enjoyable day there.
Last time afternoon tea was average with tea being cold and slow service. Skipped it this time and went for soup and cake. Cake was ok but just that no cream or any attempt to present it nicely and the roll with soup we had to repeat requests for and eventually when it came it was stale. Servers are very polite and friendly but things seem disorganised and food average at best .

Room Tip: Spa good food not
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Navid2013

Many thanks for your lovely feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your spa treatments.

I am sorry that you haven't enjoyed the lunch on this occasion, I will certainly ensure this is addressed with the kitchen, as well as discussing the service feedback with the restaurant manager to ensure we continue to improve.

I hope that we can still welcome you back in the future in order to restore your faith.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed for a conference weekend of 22nd September - applied for room upgrade as soon as email sent to me (by the hotel) but didn't get one and (friendly) staff didn't seem to understand the system for allocating these. Room perfectly adequate but tired and rather spartan and didn't reflect the cost. Also very hot and didn't seem to be any a/c. Food is terrible, think 1970s school dinners and you won't go far wrong and turning up for breakfast as a 'one' caused such a palaver I didn't bother the next day, mind the fruit was still frozen so I don't think I missed anything. Charging anything to your room involves a daft system of pre-registering a credit card rather than just giving your room number. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Westerwood Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Cathokin

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, I am sorry but rather surprised to hear of your experience as we have received such fantastic comments from the vast majority of the delegates.

As the conference had filled the hotel, unfortunately we did not have any upgraded rooms available to allocate. The menus were picked in advance of the event by the organisers, and they were selected from the menus we provide for all large banquets, as these have proven to be the most popular dishes. Catering for such a large number of people does have to be well planned and thought out, and I am sorry to hear you felt this was like a school meal.

I have also discussed the breakfast feedback with the restaurant team, and we have not been made aware of any issues with providing a table of 1. We have a large number of tables in the restaurant catering for different numbers, and I can only apologise if you felt this was not communicated to you.

We do have to take an authorisation to allow guests to charge to the room, as we would have no way of guaranteeing payment without this. I would like to reassure you that this is a standard across the hotel industry.

I am sorry to hear that you would not chose to return to the hotel in the future.