1,841 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2018

There were quite a few negative reviews of the hotel so I was wary. First thing - the hotel is huge! Rooms were very comfortable, quiet and the wifi worked.

Dinner was an excellent buffet in a huge ballroom - really good catering.

Breakfast was odd. Lots of cakes in fact a whole table of them but no fresh prepared fruit just tinned stuff. Also there didn't appear to be a single metal spoon in the whole hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Stayed here for 6 months with work a few years ago. Simply loved this place! I highly recommend staying here for any kind of vacation. Stayed in one of the villas adjacent to the hotel. Hotel is many centuries old and very large. Relax by the grand piano and enjoy a Cognac, hit the spa in the basement for a nice relaxing massage or watch the fireworks from one of many weekly weddings held there throughout the summer months. Very very large outdoor swimming pool to soak up the sun. Many happy memories were had.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank thefieldmarshal
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Food? Sucks. Wifi? Sucks. A/C? Sucks. Staff? Sucks. Amenities? Suck. Cab services? None. Pool? Have to pay for a towel and wear a swim cap. Me? Disappointed. I would give this hotel 0 stars if I could. Had to leave after the first night because it was so bad. This hotel is a scam. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived in a group tour. The bed was comfortable. I went to have a shower and water sprayed over top of cabinet so then I turned shower down and shower head fell to floor- missed me by cms! We contacted reception and it was fixed while we had dinner. The door to the room was difficult to open and you could see where other people had tried to open door. The safe was not attached to anything so we couldn't use it!
The kicker was the noise. We went out to bar area as my partner couldn't shower yet. There was a beautiful singer and pianist but we could not stay in the area with our drinks as it was so loud and bouncing off all the hard surfaces.
Food was a buffet which was ok and wine was of a standard quality.
After dinner we had to endure the musak until after 11pm- deafeningly loud!!!!!
There must be better places to stay!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Advertised as 4 star hotel?
Sure great building, stunning I must say well maintained and clean and breath taking during the day and evening time.
Very nice rooms too with very very nice decoration and a very beautiful showers.
Until here 4 star...may be more!The check in is at 4pm which is very late in my opinion, the sauna requires reservations and the Spa Hotel I have previously been to normally do not require reservations.
The wellness and relax ...well I am still looking for it, noisy zumba classes and camping resorts animation. Loud live piano music till late (few minutes past midnight), too bad this is just right behind the rooms at the ground floor!
So if around 10 pm you feel sleepy or you did plan something for the morning and you need to wake up early...good luck!
I am writing this review as This place it is far from what I was expecting from a wellness hotel. Too crowded and the quee for everything the pushing and the behavior, the rush to the buffet of the kind of customers they had that make me think that is far away from being a 4 star hotel.
At least stop advertising for wellness and relax!And one more thing the sauna suppose to be a relaxing place, no noise no chatting no drying yourself from the swimming pool.You just need to swet and relax.
Just a camping holiday resort inside a stunning building.

Date of stay: August 2016