Kyriad Carentan
Hotel le Vauban(Carentan)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotel de France(Isigny-sur-Mer)
US$105
US$94
Le Grand Hard(Sainte-Marie-du-Mont)
US$131
Logis Le Sainte Mere(Sainte-Mere-Eglise)
US$105
US$87
Hotel du 6 Juin(Sainte-Mere-Eglise)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Spa
Le Colquin(La Haye-du-Puits)
US$41
  • Free Internet
L'Auberge du Vieux Chateau(Saint-Sauveur-le-Vicomte)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbudget hotelstayed hereplace to staygood sizetwo nightsannehonorappearanceduvetceremoniesfrance
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My 92-yr-old WWII veteran brother, my nephew and I stayed at the Kyriad Carentan for the week of the D-Day commemorations (5/31-6/6, 2017). Words cannot begin to express the awesome hospitality we received from the owners and the staff! They could not have been more thoughtful nor more accommodating. As a veteran, my brother was being honored by the town of Carentan and the people of Normandy. Therefore, he had a heavy schedule of appearances at events and memorials, press interviews, and visits by local dignitaries. Anne-Lyse, Peter, and Fiona and the rest of the staff did everything possible to make sure we were comfortable and well-fed. (The food at their restaurant was fantastic! In fact, we found both the food and the service to be the best in the area.)

Other family members and friends who wanted to visit with us, away from the celebratory events, were also welcomed with warm greetings, delicious food and a wide variety of beverages, especially Anne-Lyse's favorite French wine. When our schedule was particularly tight, they prepared food to take with us and accommodated our schedule if we returned to the hotel late. Upon returning from various events in Carentan one afternoon, we were welcomed by Anne-Lyse and the staff, dressed in 40's attire, hosting a cocktail party to honor my brother and others who had been involved in the liberation of Normandy. How impressive!

As for the rooms at the hotel, they were very clean and had everything one would need to be comfortable. I particularly liked the small, homey feeling of the place, the bit of "retro" room decor, the fluffy, soft bed covering/duvet, the nice shower and the great towel warmer.

This wonderful little hotel literally became our home away from home for a week and Anne-Lyse became my new lifetime friend! We liked this place so much, we were sad to leave, but, before we left, my brother made reservations for 10 people for the D-Day commemoration week next year!

Room Tip: The three of us loved our rooms. #102 92-yr-old brother; #106 nephew; #111 me
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2017

lovely friendly staff, excellent meal with great service, even though we arrived within 10 minutes of last orders and they had a large coach party also dining.. We would have been happier if restaurant stayed serving till at least 2100 instead of 2030, having come from ferry at Cherbourg. Near the main route south. Good room and facilities

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Kyriad.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Carentan is a very historic little town surrounded by others with a deep history , especially of all the pivotal battles that were waged by the 101st Airborne during the Normandy Invasion.

Close to many World War II historical sites and museums the Kyriad Hotel is just inland from Utah Beach and not far from Omaha beach. The locals pay honor to the 101st Airborne troops during the first week of June every year and you will see many re enactors travelling in restored military vehicles, setting up military camps, and holding ceremonies of some of the warriors they consider heroes.

The Kyriad Hotel is just off the main travel corridor. A great all you can eat breakfast buffet is included in your nightly fee. The housekeeping, front desk and restaurant staff all did an outstanding job. The area is quiet, the regional food is unique and delicious.

I will visit again in a couple of years!

Room Tip: It is customary to leave a small gratuity for the housekeeping staff. A euro or two This applies to restaurants and bars as well.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We had a very comfortable stay for two nights and as a budget hotel it had everything we needed. Our room and bathroom were very clean although a little small, the tray for hot drinks was very welcome after being out all day. I did not like the curtain for the shower, it kept sticking to me while I showered, a shower screen would have been much more user friendly.
We ate in the restaurant both evenings and enjoyed the food, breakfast was fine with ample supplies of everything.
Staff we met were all very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. We would not hesitate to stay again if in the area.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
A J, Propriétaire at Kyriad Carentan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make the stay comfortable for the guests, just like the way we would like to be welcomed in a hotel ourselves.
Regarding the inconvenience of the shower curtain unfortunately, with the way the bathroom were designed we can not put shower screens, it would make it more difficult for the clients to get in and out and create a triping hasard.
My team and i would be very happy to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Kyriad Carentan.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Stayed here on a cycle stopover. Bikes were kept safe overnight. Owners are super friendly and speak perfect English(hes English, she is French) and were both very helpful.
The evening meal of steak and chips was delicious and contenental breakfast also adequate.
Room comfortable with a hot shower and slightly soft for my liking bed.
Will go back when i cycle normandy again

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends