Just wrapped up our Tuscan wedding at Villa Chieteno with 56 guests and couldn’t be happier with the villa, the pool, the location and the people. Bea, our hostess, is an amazing chef and handled all the heavy lifting with rentals, bands, food, decor and finding lodging for those not staying with us at the villas. Just a dream of an experience and we had Bea cook a welcome dinner, brunch and an additional dinner the week after. Thanks so much for the truly amazing experience!
Beautiful villa in countryside with rustic style. We booked it for one week long with our friends to enjoy the Tuscan summer life :-)
Comfortable apartments, well equipped villa, beautiful garden, very kind and helpful owner. You can find enough place for kids, friends and family too in the spacious apartments, in the garden or next to the pool. I think this is a perfect place for a family or friends gathering.
After a day-long backpack trip or sunbathing you can enjoy a glass of wine in the summer nights next to the pool or under a tree in the garden like us. So what else do you need?! :-)
Finally the villa has unique and really amazing panoramas with total privacy. No neighbors, no caretaker, just your group and the memorable Tuscan summer feelings.
We spent 2 weeks at the villa - we were a party of 18 ranging in age from 8 to over 60. The property was easily big enough to accommodate us all, and it didn’t feel at all cramped, even with 9 teenagers / young adults. The massive communal kitchen, dining room and terrace was the focal point of our evenings.
Beatrice was the perfect host - she and her team catered for us three times during our stay. Great cooking and good value! We have recommended the property to friends from home, and they have booked for 2019.
The local town of Cetona is very quaint, with some excellent restaurants, but with a different feel to the usual tourist locations of Tuscany. The local residents were very friendly and welcoming.
We were a group of 13 and had a wonderful week at the Villa. It is well located for exploring Tuscany. Cetona, the local town, is charming with 2 very good restaurants and more cafes. We had not realized that each bedroom had their own bathroom and living area. We maybe would have preferred a back stairway to connect the communal living areas to the upstairs suites, but once we adjusted to the format, it worked very well for all parties.
If you have a large group Villa Chieteno is a perfect place to stay in Tuscany.
We were a group of 18 family members from 18 to 70. We used all 10 bedrooms. What makes this villa so special.
1. Location, location, location. So close to so many things in Tuscany—Assisi, Montepulciano, Monteciano, Pienza, Sienna, Civita di Bagnoregio, Cetona, Chiusi, Citta della Pieve, Cortona and much more. This is wine country, sunflower country and olive tree country—so beautiful. Cars are mandatory to take advantage of all there is to see. Only 15 minutes from the A1 expressway between Rome and Florence.
2. Total Privacy—never saw another person within a mile of the villa.
3. The incredibly large swimming pool with wonderful pool furniture. We spent hours everyday around the pool after adventuring throughout Tuscany early in the day. Weather was hot (but low humidity) but pool was still cool and refreshing in late June.
4. The immense size of the villa with 5 private apartments (3 bedroom, two 2 bedrooms, and 3 one bedrooms) all with separate living areas and kitchens. In addition the common living room, dining room and kitchen were very large and provided a wonderful area for the group congregating
5. The beautiful patio with 20 person dining table overlooking the Tuscany countryside—we ate 4 meals and spent great amounts of time sitting outside and enjoying the views and the great Tuscan air. Two of the meals were prepared by Bea and were delicious.
6. Ability to do 45 minute walks from the villa in both directions off main road to the villa thru huge fields of gorgeous sunflowers and views of the rolling hills of Tuscany. Most members of our group walked everyday
7. Linda, our contact point for the villa, being so helpful along every step of planning our trip and giving us great recommendations on wineries to visit, arrange transportation to wine lunch, restaurants to go to, and grocery stories and farmers markets
8. Bea provided an initial stock of 40 bottles of excellent wine (average 7 euros/bottle) and 40 bottle of water that we could use as needed and pay reasonable costs on departure.
Recommendations of what to do
1. Ravazzi Winery tour and store. This is a beautiful winery about 15 minutes away and they do a nice wine tasting in the middle of their vineyard and then sell wine at incredibly low prices. There Rose was 4 euros and was one of the best we have ever had.
2. Avignonesi Winery Tour with lunch. Absolutely fabulous tour and wonderful lunch with great wine pairings. #1 Attraction in Montepulciano.
3. Castello di Fighine Michelin One Star Restaurant about 20 minutes away on a remote hilltop town. One of our best meals ever had 7 course (really 12 course) tasting menu with great wine at the best price you will ever pay for a Michelin one star
4. Sensory Spa in Terme Di Chianciano about 25 minutes away. 20 station amazing spa, massages available and great place for lunch
5. Cetona Centrum—lots of good shops and restaurants—7 minutes away
6. Rick Steves Monteciano Drive—most gorgeous drive of wine country in Tuscany. Make an appointment at a winery along the way
7. Civita di Bagnoregio. What an amazing ancient city on a remote hilltop with a 500M bridge as the only way to get there. About 1.5 hours away
8. Assisi—Great city and monastery to St Francis
One caution on the villa. We asked about the comfort of the villa in the summer and were told the villa was cool and comfortable. Not exactly the case when it is 95 degrees. 1st floor rooms can be very warm because of the lack of windows. All rooms need fans—insist they be provided. Do not be afraid to open outside doors to two downstairs bedroom—only way to stay comfortable. With fans and opening windows/doors at night and closing windows, drapes and shutters during the day, the villa was very comfortable.