See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Rude staff, the worst beds in the world, the worst pillows in the world, the worst restaurant in the world. Disgusting!!!

There is nothing about this hotel that warrants a good comment apart from perhaps the girls on reception.

I have travelled all over the world, stayed in cheap places and expensive places and this is the worst ever!

Room tip: Don't get a room here at all
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank CarolEastoe
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We have stayed in this hotel twice as we have bought a property near by. It is clean and friendly with good facilities in the summer; the pool area is excellent and the toilets and shower area is very well equipped. We have sampled the evening meal but would choose to eat in town as there are plenty of more authentic eating options. The hotel is ideally suited to exploring the local area and is accessed easily from the airport. The staff have gone out of their way to help us and although only 1 or 2 speak English they have all been charming. We love this area as this is experiencing the real Italy. The area is very quiet in autumn and winter but the temerature is ideal for exploring. We have not chosen this hotel for a holiday destination and I would have been disappointed with the lack of atmosphere if that had been my reason for staying but for what we wanted it has been ideal.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank italiantraveller49
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I had the misfortune of staying here in October 2010. I decided on this hotel as it was close to family who were staying in the area. It also boasted fine cuisine and spa facilties. Ideal for a single person staying for 6 days.
On my arrival I asked at reception if I could order a salad. What arrived was a bowl of limp iceberg lettuse, chunks of carrot and a few lumps of processed cheese, served with bread out of a freezer and sachets of dressing. Hardly fine cuisine!!
The facilities in the hotel were good, but the pool proved unusable as most of the sunbeds were occupied by staff who made no attempt to accomodate my presence.
My evening meal was served in the cafeteria and I was offered Lasagne. There was no menu and no desire to help. I was eventually offered a pathetic plate of bits from the kitchen.
Breakfast was no better. The dining room was empty at 8.30 - no staff in sight. There was a poor selection of ham and the cheese was curling up at the edges. I kept remembering the brochure ...

'The chef at Hotel dei Normanni restaurant elaborates natural and creative cuisine made with the finest ingredients'.

Shame I had no experience of this statement.
I left after 24 hours and paid dearly for my stay. I took the matter up with Bookings.com who in turn contacted the hotel for compenasation. This was never forthcoming.
My experience was nothing short of a disgrace. The hotel was pretty much empty and no consideration was given to a woman of a certain age travelling alone. I felt as though I was intruding.

I am only sorry I did not know about Trip Advisor earlier.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jane F
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We happened upon this place last minute after having looked into many other hotels and masserias in the greater Ostuni area. We were extremely pleased with our experience and found it to be a far greater value than the other options.

The hotel offered a large room that comfortably fit a king bed and two singles. The beds are incredibly comfortable! The entire property was very clean.

We were travelling with 2 children so the pool was important. The pool is beautiful, very clean and well maintained. (Bring swim caps as they are required. You can purchase them for 2 euro each if you do not have them).

Having eaten at far too many hotel restaurants in my travels, I would rate the food here to be very good. A nice selection of fresh breads, meats, fruits and cereals for breakfast and the dinner that was offered at the hotel was high quality.

What I was most impressed with was the staff. The hotel is managed by a co-op of young men and women. They could not have been more friendly or attentive.

When you see four stars, do not expect the Walforf Astoria or the Ritz Carlton, but if you are looking for a great value within driving distance to Ostuni and other highlights in the Mid-Puglia region, this hotel is an excellent choice.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vasto4
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Clean room. Maid service was very good. Beautifully tiled bathroom. Private balcony with a shade operated from the inside to open/close for privacy ... beautiful double door opening to balcony. Pool was gorgeous and BIG ... over half the pool was deep. Very clean. The hotel is fairly close to the coast, so there is constantly a breeze. Breakfast was excellent with excellent service. Beautiful lobby and very good service when we needed directions and an iron! ONly negative was the internet connection ... couldn't get on in the room and it was VERY expensive to use, accessible only in the lobby. A quick drive into SanVito if you want the local eats and 20 minute drive straight into Brindisi. Approx 15 minutes to beach, if that. But the beaches are dirty.

Date of stay: July 2009