“Friendly and much better value for money than the AcademiA its neighbour.”

Pizzeria - Caffe bar MARCO POLO
Ranked #20 of 89 Restaurants in Korcula Town
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Just got back from the old town and wanted to say that if you are looking for a great value for money place which is ideal for people watching and has good views of one of the quays then this is it.
On our first visit we tried the AcademiA which shares the same frontage. Four glasses of wine cost us almost 185 Kuna, which is about £23. On our second visit the four of us drank six glasses of wine and had two beers, all for 150 Kuna. So much better value for money and really friendly staff, especially the young women who served us each time we went there.
Would certainly suggest that you give it a go if you are just wanting a glass or two.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered americano cafe which arrived without milk. I asked for some milk, the waitress brough me a tiny amount in a tiny cup. The coffee was very strong and i asked for another ' drop'. All miniature milk cups were for extra charge on our bill. We had also an orange juice, tastless with no flavour. 2coffees and 2 orange juices ~13 euros.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

This was my first place I went to have a quick lunch after arriving to Korčula, tired after the journey, with bags, before our hotel let us get in the room. I have to say that the reviews did not lie - it is such a chillout place where they make you feel welcome like at home. It is not posh "touristy like" place like at the promenade, more like for locals, but catering for anybody also in English. I had a lovely vegetarian pizza with ice coffee and boy was I not dissapointed. The restaurant staff is very nice, quick, nothing is too much of a problem for them, they speak several languages. They are natural at welcoming everybody, not rushing you when you just want to relax, enjoy the look over the harbour and plan your day activities.

I visited this place a few more times which is something as there are so many other places to eat in. Always mostly in the evening for their lovely pizza and Bambus drink. The pizza was really the best I had in a long time - I do not remember liking one so much in Rovinj, Czech Republic, UK, Italy, Portugal, well definitely anywhere else in Korčula. I would swap it for most of the seafood stuff anytime. But this of course depends on personal preference. I just know that I did not feel heavy and sick after eating it as after most pizzas despite not having problems finishing it as with most others. In the evening there is also usually live music playing in front of the bar next to this one so that's quite enjoyable.

Not to be only positive - if you do not like smelling some smoke while eating or drinking, this might not be the place for you - but it is outside and you can always find a table which is not close to the smokers. You have to go up a few stairs to get to a toilet which is quite welcoming after eating big dinner, to stretch your legs.

I also tried the Marco Polo pancake there - it was very nice but maybe too rich (too much of everything, would be enough to share for 2 people, but if you are a fan of chocolate spread, you will love it). I also heard the breakfasts and smoothies are very nice there but did not have the chance to try them out. Maybe one day...? Will see what the future holds for this place.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Wish I could say more about this pizza place but it was my least favorite pizza in Croatia only because they put way too much cheese on it (unlike other pizzerias in Croatia). Go to Rovinj or Vrsar for delicious pizza if you get the chance.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Pizzas are every where in Croatia and in general quite good, but this was one of the better ones we found. It was a rainy day so we stopped because of the rain but after a couple of beers, a mixed salad, and a pizza we were very happy. Can't remember exactly which one we ordered but it had mushrooms and sausages plus other stuff and was very good and the price was right.