1,902 results
All reviews lakeview restaurant the outdoor hot tub armathwaite hall afternoon tea club room aroma room quiche hush room glass of champagne cream tea dress code stately home thermal suite on arrival sandwiches course meal main restaurant
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have just returned from a 2 night Indulgence break I booked at Armathwaite Hotel for my expectant daughter and myself before she gives birth.

I am so disappointed with the trip which was cited as a luxury break and just didn't live up to expectations. Upon arrival, we were advised that we couldn't eat in the main restaurant
which we were told was too busy and were asked to dine in the Brasserie. The Brasserie was largely empty, yet the service was painfully slow. Our bedroom had stained carpets, the room was tired and the robes left for us were grey and both with torn belt hoops. The main course my daughter was presented with during our second evening in the main restaurant restaurant was inedible. Having asked the waitress for something other than lobster Mac and cheese with her roasted cod, she was presented with plain new potatoes, carrots and a piece of broccoli - all without any sauce and very bland. As someone who is a constant traveller and stay on quality hotels on a regular basis, this hotel just doesn't live up to the luxury status it refers to on the website. I paid £880 for two nights and whilst I would highly recommend the spa, would suggest you don't waste your money on the wider break.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dianemariawhite
Simon S, General Manager at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Guest,

May I firstly offer my sincere apologies for the impression you received. As I am sure you have read the numerous reviews on Armathwaite Hall, I trust and hope you appreciate your experience did not reflect our usual high standards of service and hospitality.

As with all feedback I take such constructive comments very seriously and discuss at length with the team to establish how we can improve our offering. If you would like to discuss or share with me your concerns fully, please call 017687 76551 or email simon.steele@armathwaite-hall.com.

Thank you for your praise with regards to our Spa which you clearly enjoyed.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Kind regards,

Simon Steele

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We have been visiting this hotel for the past 24 years. Every time we have been over the years although there has been some changes we still have nice surprises. This time we have been there to celebrate my partner’s birthday. It was a lovely gesture to arrive in our promised upgraded room to find a handwritten birthday card and a box of chocolate.. what a warm welcome. Wherever we went in the hotel, the staff are so polite and approachable. The staff at the main reception area, the spa staff, the room service staff are so friendly and very welcoming. A big thank you to Ryths, the manager of the lake view restaurant and his staff for their excellent customer services. Also we are grateful to the The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie staff for being so accommodating. What a delightful place to spend a few relaxing days in. Thank you for making our stay a truly memorable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon S, General Manager at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stunning review of your experience at Armathwaite Hall and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Fantastic to read that after 24 years, you continue to visit us..! Thank you also for taking the opportunity to recognise the contribution of the team in making your stay with us a special one.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Simon Steele

Reviewed 12 May 2018

My thoughts on this venue, have been well described in my previous comments on Armathwaite Hall, this review is to consider one dish, that was of interest to me.
Steak roughly chopped served within a bagette, complete with onions and a cheese sauce, accompanied by a side of fries, all of which fully covered the wooden serving platter.
A dish filled with flavour, that provides a challenge to complete, I suspect that to fully clear this platter, it may be prudent to forget to have breakfast.

Note that sandwich is present within the description, however this is not a dish that can be held in the hand, it’s too large for that, cutlery is the means to consume this.

For this venue a dish that is reasonably priced and one that should be experienced.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We called in to have lunch in the brassiere our waitress Alina was lovely and very helpful well done to the head chef paul his menu is really good and the food we had was well presented and really tasty we would definitely recommend to friends and family and definitely go back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We have just had a wedding reception at armathwaite Hall hotel and spa and I can only describe it as the best weekend ever,the hotel and grounds make it a superb location for a wedding and it certainly was .we have absolutely no complaints at all ,the staff were all great and very helpful ,the moment we arrived for the drinks reception on the front terrace the staff looked after all our guest (137); we then had the wedding breakfast which was faultless ,,followed by a very busy evening on the bar with a band in the big function suite ,all the bar staff waiters managers reception were all great,special mention to William (Operations manager )and cosy the wedding planner who was very professional in every way.they assured us we would have the wedding we wanted and we were not dissapionted .also George in the dining room looked after us at the table ,the bedrooms were all very good and the full English breakfast went down a treat ,a few of our family used the spa on the Sunday ,great way to wind down .very relaxing hotel and spa

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family