All reviewsmeal plandive techdive staffshore divingdive shopgreat divedive masterdive vacationvalet divingdive siteson sitethe cottagesgrand caymanall inclusive packagenon diversthe wait staffocean front suite
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Just returned from a very relaxing, top shelf trip to the NW side of Grand Cayman Island. Cobalt Coast Resort is a chill setup, perfect for the diving group. very comfortable rooms, pool / jacuzzi, and whole setting first rate. All the staff from kitchen to housekeeping all friendly and professional. And Reef divers on site, on top of the game. Mostly brits and kiwis, the lads know the sites, and provided the most comfortable experience off of a boat, so much so you feel like you're close to on a live aboard. Headed to their sister resort in Little Cayman next summer. Thanks again all, it was a wonderful dive vacation week. well done, ~ Cheers

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank jamminChris W
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We thank you and your Colorado diving friends for your first visit, jamminChris And we are delighted that you're making plans to visit another in our family of dive resorts. Cobalt Coast Resort has been a work in progress since we purchased it about 2-1/2 years ago. It's wonderful to hear you were satisfied, because that means we are making progress toward our goals. We believe you will find the same level of friendly service at all our Clearly Cayman Dive Resorts and sincerely thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We had a very good experience the first time we spent a week diving at Cobalt Coast. The ownership has changed but the experience did not disappoint.

The diver operation is now Reef Divers with 2 well-equipped dive boats. There were 20+ in our group and space was a little tight but definitely workable. Of particular note, the gear handling was very well organized. Our boat crew (and divemasters Chris and Rowan) loaded and set up BCDs and regs on preloaded tanks before every dive. Very nice - efficient too. We were doing 3 dives per day and sites were chosen for variety and conditions and Chris and Rowan would accommodate requests if conditions allowed. If I return, I will request both of them!

Cobalt Coast is off the beaten path a bit which usually concerns my wife and I somewhat. We like a variety of food experiences when we travel. The resort did not disappoint however. Breakfast and lunch are buffets with a good variety each day. Dinner choices are on the menu with each day offering three entree choices, typically meat/poultry, fish and pasta. Food was well prepared, served hot and tasty. A salad and soup bar is available while your entree is being prepared.

Our room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Our bed was very comfortable - important after 3 dives each day. Management and staff were friendly and helpful.

Bottom line: If our dive travels take us back to Grand Cayman, we will likely return to Cobalt Coast.

(Note: this review also appears on TripAdvisor under Cobalt Coast)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

We thank you for your visit and your review, Peter U! We have worked hard in the 2-1/2 years we've owned the resort to elevate it to the same standards as our other two dive resorts: Little Cayman Beach Resort and Cayman Brac Beach Resort. In the past year we have installed new AC units in all the rooms at the main resort, so you can individually control your temperature. We have redone the pool area and rescued the jetted hot tub - turning it back into one from its previous state as a planter with a big palm tree. And we hope you were able to enjoy some of our shore diving. Cobalt Coas is our only resort with that avilable.

We are happy you were happy and look forward to you and your wife returning one day.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Not one staff member on duty overnight! We had called and confirmed with the company that we would be in late last Saturday night. Our flight got slightly delayed and we were about an hour past scheduled to arrive. We got to our resort and there was no one there. They had a telephone next to the bar with numbers to call. We started off with the manager on duty Craig. Went to voicemail....left a message. Tried calling the emergency line that they had left that was non 911 and that just started calling the phone that we were on. We could hear the office phone ringing behind locked doors. We proceeded to wait an hour and half and kept calling and leaving voicemails. We knew we had a choice to sleep outside in our rental car or find a place to stay. Mind you that the island fills up fast and finding another place to stay took us driving across the island to another resort who was going to charge us 600 dollars for the night, luckily another gentleman heard our sob story and drove us to another resort. That took us three hours before we finally found a place to stay and added to our cost to our stay. We woke up and went to our resort. I had no missed calls from the manager and we proceeded to check in. The front office had no idea what had happened. She was very pleasant and checked us in. She told us the manager Craig would come to our room and throughout our whole time staying there he never did come talk to us. Now, I am also a manager of a business. It was his job to come and talk to us to make things right. They did offer some compensation in drinks during our stay which was making an initial effort to right the wrong but I was incredibly disappointed that the manager never talked with us personally. We stayed in the garden villas and the rooms were cute and had a full kitchen and the resort is away from the hustle and bustle. The staff during the day was very helpful and friendly. You will have a pleasant stay there as long as you arrive during day hours and don't have an emergency overnight. They really do need a better policy for their overnight hours for an operational business.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thanks for your visit and review, Cherie J. We apologize that we missed meeting you upon arrival. It seems to have been as result of a problem with our phone system that we are trying to address so it doesn't happen again. Our resort manager was unfortunately never told that you wanted to meet with him or he would have sought you out. But he authorized drink cards for both of you which according to our staff satisfied you for the night you missed. Subsequently Craig also ran the Monday evening Manager's reception at which time you could have approached him - or any time afterward since you then knew who to look for. So it seems as if we had a failure to communicate - beginning on our end.

We are happy that most of your stay was good and we hope you will come back again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I just returned yesterday from a week at Cobalt Coast. The ONLY negative comment I have is that the ability to hang and dry gear is somewhat limited here. Otherwise, everything was wonderful! On most days, we made two boat dives in the morning and one in the afternoon. Our package included unlimited shore dives and we made a couple of night dives off the shore as well. One does so by climbing down a ladder at the end of the dock rather than wading through rocks and surf, which was very nice!
The visibility was pretty good, although there had been quite a bit of rain in recent weeks so that situation created some "stuff" in the water, and the skies were cloudy some during our trip there. On sunny days, the visibility was marvelous! The sea life was very nice and the coral was beautiful. There is a lovely wall to dive that drops off several thousand feet.
The reefs are very pretty. We made the "Stingray City" dive, where we sat on our knees in the sand in about 15 feet of water and fed pieces of squid to the stingrays. It was like playing with giant slippery puppies and was a total hoot! We dived the Kittiwake wreck, which even though it is now listing about 30 degrees to the port side courtesy of the last hurricane, was still fascinating and fun to dive. The swim through the inside of the ship was easy and not claustrophobic at all. My husband is retired military, so it was special for him and for me to be able to visit the ship.
More importantly, the dive boat operators and dive masters were truly wonderful. I tend to be an "oh shiny!" kind of diver and head off to go look at anything which interests me. On this trip, I accidentally went a bit too deep twice and the dive masters were all over me for doing so. At the time I felt sort of chagrined, but I do appreciate very much their being watchful and careful and very aware of the safety of all of the divers in their charge. (Oh, and for you ladies, the guys are very cute! My husband teased me the whole time!)
The physical facility is very nice and the rooms are spacious. The a/c works well which was nice because it was warm and humid outside (duh- it's a dive resort). The only reason I did not give this resort a 5 star is because frankly, I didn't feel that I had anywhere to hang my stuff close to my room every day to dry, except for the balcony rail, which I was reluctant to use until the last day before I had to pack all of my gear. The resort has one public drying rack area downstairs, but that area is far from most rooms and I didn't feel comfortable using it. Aside from that one small issue, our experience was great!

Stayed: July 2018
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for your visit and your review, Lynne H. We are happy you enjoyed yourself and want you to know that providing everyone space to hang and dry gear is in our plans. We have owned the resort for just over 2 years and have had to rearrange priorities because certain things like new AC units in all the rooms at the main resort wouldn't wait. But we are happy you were able to stay cool. A year ago it may have been a problem.

We have more renovation in process and planned, so hopefully when you return next year - we will have earned the fifth star.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Stayed in one of the two rooms at the top of the resort and what can I say View, Views and more ocean views! The room was great and the staff made the room feel like home and kept it clean and made up everyday.

The food was great with excellent choices each day.

This was a SScuba Diving vacation and I have to say that Reef divers (the in-house dive shop) were great, great people, especially our boat crew Bernie and Gen, they made it interesting, fun and safe. I would ask for them again.

Room Tip: Best views on the top.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Dive_and_Resort_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thanks so much for entrusting your dive vacation to Cobalt Coast Resort and Reef Divers, Scootin_Scott. We love hearing that our colleagues made your experiences truly memorable. We also appreciate you taking time to write a review and hope we see you back, again.