“Worst Airline”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To make any change to flight - you can never get hold of them either through messenger or their phone line.

Very bad experience. Will never use again.

Date of travel: July 2021
2  Thank 222asrara
Write a reviewReviews (15,684)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a long procession through different levels of security at Pearson I made it to the Gate, an hour early.
The flight itself was very smooth. A flight attendant asked me if I wanted to move because there were a lot of empty seats and there were 3 people in my row. I had an aisle seat up front so I stayed put. The guy beside me didn't really want his mask on the whole flight and whenever a flight attendant saw him with it down, there was a glare that made him put it up.
Service was good as well.
Only 1/2 hour late because of a maintenance problem.
Took advantage of my Travel Bank funds.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank browncondo2102
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This airline has gone from top notch to the worst. Bought buy a new company 2 yrs ago and i Dont even recognize this airline. Westjet changed my flight and i didnt want there recommended next flight. Couldnt get through to make the change. Was put on a callback list which was 2 days after i was leaving. Had to get my friend with gold status to call in for me. Upon return to yyc, waited 2 hours for bags to make it to carousel. Long line ups everywhere and all the staff seem miserable. How they could go from the best to the worst airline in 2 years is beyond me. Feel bad for the employees. Fix your buisness westjet or you guys will only be a memory in a few years….as everyone will switch to air canada.

1  Thank Morganator73
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

August 9th was day #1 for Canada opening their borders to Americans and, besides the hoops one needs to jump through to comply with Canada's Covid requirements, this WestJet flight itself was a good experience.

Our plane was a a Boeing 737-800 and our seats were in the front row (no under-the-seat storage) and, for this short flight (2 hours 42 minutes), real food was served with cutlery made out of metal! Imagine that, no plastic forks. This was such a nice surprise.

The meal choices were either something with beef or an Indian rice and vegetable dish. The latter was quite good. No charge for the meal in Premium. Wine was actually served in a glass! Not a plastic cup.

We left on time, arrived on time, and our baggage was on the conveyor belt ASAP. This flight reminded us of the good old days before the corporate bean counters didn't yet tinker with the perks that made flying a pleasant experience.

2  Thank on_the_go_98765
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Changed my flight by 3 hrs to midnight! They never answer their phones. Delayed boarding over an hour on all 3 flights in my trip. The worst airline, worst customer service etc

2  Thank marysT4763PB
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.