“Good experience”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 24 September 2018

During our trip in Canada we had 3 domestic flights with WestJet. The flights departed and arrived on time, the service was convenient and the seats were comfortable. Food, Wi-fi and checked bags for additional payment.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,476)

998 - 1,002 of 10,476 reviews

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

On line check-in, boarding, and push back was a breeze. Newer aircraft. Pleasant crew. Left on time. As we started our descent towards PVR, we noticed clouds, and the closer we got the worst the weather was. Then upon landing, the pilot could not see the runway due to poor visibility, so he applied full thrust and we were back up in the clouds. The Captain said we had to go to Manzanillo (ZLO) to refuel (15 minutes away), and we did. Waited at least an hour in the plane, crew kept us informed, and we took off again. The weather had improved at PVR so we landed without issues. Thank you Westjet for keeping us in the loop... and safe!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Cheap uncomfortable flight with no food despite it being a 6 hour flight. Don't explain that they refuse Canadian dollars and try and force to to pay by credit card as they believe its safer! on ordering a tasteless soggy left over breakfast wrap for $9 the first stewardess said I could have it for free but next time I had to use my credit card to pay. The second very rude senior stewardess who had been asleep at the back for most of the flight then loudly accused us of refusing to pay for food in front of everyone, wouldn't believe me that we'd been given the food free and said we must pay immediately by credit card or else I'd be escorted off the plane by 4 armed police officers. I wouldn't be bullied so ended up being escorted off the plane in front of everyone and then promptly released when the police heard my account of what happened with lots of hand shaking and VIP service through security/immigration. 10 0ut of 10 for the Canadian police, zero out of ten for West Jets over the top approach - will never fly with them again be warned. Their prices may be ok but the experience is dreadful....The staff on my plane are apparently down for re-training after I complained to Head Office!

1  Thank Neville P
Reviewed 24 September 2018

When flying east the plane had a movie screen and you could buy earphones. They aren't the best earphones but the price was right and you can re-use them. Unfortunately on the return flight the airplane did not have a movie screen but you could download the app if you brought earphones for your phone.
The check in was seamless if you check in prior to arriving at the airport. Checking in the baggage was easy if your pre-paid your luggage before arriving at the airport.
The on board snack was a little bag of pretzels or a tiny cookie plus choice of pop, juice or coffee. Too east and return flight had the same snacks (boring).
The flight attendants were friendlier and more personable when West Jet was new and first starting out.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Spend 7 hours at LAX just because Westjet wanted to consolidate their flight. I arrived at LAX a little before 6 AM to catch the 8:30 AM flight to Vancouver. At around 8:00 AM Westjet announced the flight to be delayed till 10:00 AM due to some "airport problem". The real problem was there are only a handful of us waiting to board. The flight was then cancelled around 9:00 something in the AM and I was notified that the flight was re-booked but wasn't told that I have to call them to check-in again, good thing I did. Instead of a direct flight like the first one, the re-booked one is a one stop flight through SFO on another airline with a 6:07 PM arrival at Vancouver on a Westjet on a second leg. Good thing I'm not catching a cruise ship this time. The re-booked flight was only 90% full. As for compensation, it was a joke. I was asked to set up an Westjet account so they can have some compensation credit deposited, I have yet to see them. This was my first time with Westjet, and you guess it, it will be my last.

1  Thank Peter C