“Cheap but not so cheerful”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We booked with Vueling as they flew directly into Florence. The staff and aircraft were ok and so was the booking in procedure. The flight was delayed both ways which is unavoidable but when you booked with a bigger airline you don't get pushed to the back of the queue with air traffic control.

Probably wouldn't fly with them again unless the number of flights increase.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,563)

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I really wouldn't fly with this airline again, unless forced to!

Delayed on outbound journey by almost 3 hours, on a 2 hour flight to Barcelona! We were offered a £7 voucher each for refreshments, when we'd already paid for something to eat in departures. They were obviously aware how long the delay was going to be well in advance, so it would've been helpful if we'd have been informed and given the vouchers earlier.

When were finally called to board the flight, neither of the airline staff looked up from their desks to acknowledge we were standing there. A stroppy-looking young man eventually stuck his hand out for our boarding passes and passports without so much as a 'hello, please or thankyou' in fact, he didn't utter a single word! I commented that it was nice to have such friendly customer service after being delayed for almost 3 hours and walked away.

I slept through the flight, so I can't comment on the service onboard.

We'd only booked a weekend in Barcelona, so it was very annoying to have another delay of over an hour on our return flight to Birmingham 2 days later!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Overall awful - most uncomfortable seats with little leg room. Miserable staff. Flight was delayed. Airplane sounded like it was broken with working noises from the undercarriage when taking off and landing. Booked British Airways expecting to be on a BA plane, got put on a Vueling which they are partnered up with. Never again... if I can't get guaranteed on BA flight next time, will use a different carrier.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

My boyfriend and I booked a flight on vueling to come back from a holiday in Spain. As we arrived at the airport we found out we didn't have seats which obviously meant we were getting involuntarily bumped from the flight. We were forced to spend $700 to buy seats on a BA flight so that we wouldn't miss our connection and were told by Vueling to file for compensation. We did that 2 months ago and still nothing. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone I speak to, everyone either says they do have our banking details or they don't have our banking details. I get an email every week from them confirming that they have our details and will pay us but then a few days later I get another email asking for our banking details. Every person I have spoken to by phone has lied to me and told me the money will come within 10 business days (it has been 48). I even spoke to someone who had no idea what Gatwick airport was and couldn't understand why I was upset that they wouldn't give me a straight answer. They have absolutely zero sense of customer service and are essentially criminals. They have stolen our money, as well as that of thousands and thousands of others (just look at their Facebook page, it's only customer complaints who have been robbed by them). It is unacceptable that an airline thinks they can get away with this and we are considering legal action.

2  Thank emwilli2015
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I read that it was a horrible travel experience to fly vueling. We did it anyways bc of the time of the flight. Horrible experience to try to get in touch with anyone on phone or email. They don’t pick up or answer. In person not much better. And then to top it off flight was delayed 3 hours. Def a do not do!!!

1  Thank Adrienne V