“Great!”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Very happy with the service on board and overall experience. Cabin crew friendly, helpful and thoughtful - getting me mint tea from the other galley which I’m not even sure I was meant to have in economy, asking if I was ok when I refused a meal wrapped in a blanket at 5pm, and I watched them turning off reading lights for passengers who had fallen asleep, and asking an awake passenger to close cabin blind for a sleeping passenger, to avoid cabin crew leaning over them. Food was very good and imaginative. Announcements were informative and a good balance between preparing us and reassuring us about expected mild turbulence - as a nervous passenger I really appreciated this. Also the safety demo video managed to make conveying safety info memorable and fun.

Only reason I’m not giving a 5 is I think it could be easier to navigate to information prior to checkin - for example I wanted to check bag drop times and weights in the week leading up to departure and that was quite tricky.

Date of travel: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (10,549)

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

In my opinion this airline is no longer first class. Unless you pay for premium economy it’s very basic. No socks or toothpaste handed out like they used to. Food was bland.
Seating is still good and the staff were lovely. Just feel it’s lost some of its sparkle.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Recently we flew to Grenada in the West Indies. From the beginning to the end the flight was great. They stewards and stewardesses were polite, friendly and attentive and catered to our every need. I had booked a vegetarian meal and it was not identified on the first flight but the staff member sought out a suitable replacement for me.

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I made my reservation approximately two months prior. When researching airfare and service reviews I saw that other airlines had similar or higher fairs and poor or fair reviews for economy or premium economy equivalent seats. First class was not an option for me.

I expected Virgin Airlines to be expensive, but I noticed that the flights for economy and premium economy seats were comparable. After reading a review about legroom on flights, I remembered a comment from another reviewer that the best value for Virgin Atlantic flights was premium economy seats. The fare was only slightly higher than economy, but substantially better legroom of several inches. Whether one is tall or not, this extra spaceis worth it on longer flights.

Better yet, the service and staff were exceptional. The staff members were polite, kind, responsive and happy to engage passengers in conversation or answer questions about the flight or destinations. The service was like being in first class in that what used to be standard and included on all airlines long ago, were still included without additional fees. For example, every passenger had a pillow, blanket and sundry pouch with toothbrush, toothpaste and eye mask on their seat. There was a phone and a television screen in the back of every seat. There were plenty of complimentary movies amidst options. The meals were well prepared and delcious. There were several offerings of sweet and savory snacks throughout the flight that included cheese plates, fruit, chips, granola bars, etc. Coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks were always available along with spirits. We were offered proscecco and mimosas as well several times at no additional fee. It was a pleasant surprise to me.

I hope to get back to GBR soon and I won’t hesitate to schedule a flight with Virgin Atlantic again.

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Fantastic flight. Great friendly service from all the crew. First Virgin flight and pleased to say, i'd travel with them every time if i could. Great leg room in Economy and Premium Economy. No "turn your devise off while we taxi" No turning the screen off while you're watching or listening. Oh no. It stays on until the doors are open. For that alone I'd fly Virgin every time. Thank you for the excellent service.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)