“Very Good”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 3 May 2018

This was a first for us - usually it's Premium Economy!

It was great to be ushered through express channels, boarding the plane nearly first and "turning left".

The seats were good, extending to flat beds. The TV was nice and large. The cabin crew were all very friendly and helpful - those girls work hard, having to carry trays around instead of pushing them on a trolley!! Food excellent, almost as good as being in a hotel except for the unavoidable balancing act with plates, dropping cutlery etc - although easier than in Premium and Economy cabins. The Bar was good - not just because of the drinks but the fact of being able to go somewhere on a plane!

The seats not quite as expected. There was not all that much room to put a handbag, paper back etc. and, unless I did not get the knack, or ask, the seat back was a little too far back when eating.

My only real complaint, which made the difference in a 4* and 5*, was that the tv pulled out on a spindle and the gap behind and around the spindle was filled with quite a lot of crumbs or something of that sort - not at all what I expected. I pointed it out to one of the crew, saying that I did not want or expect them to do anything about it in flight. She understood that I really meant that, apologised profusely and said she would put a report in about it. Nothing drastic but should not happen anywhere on the plane, and certainly not in the best cabin..

Not disappointed at all with the flight, but just doing an honest review.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,012)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We recently flew to Orlando from Guernsey and the flight was the best one I have ever had. The service was incredible and I was very entertained for the duration of the flight. The staff made sure we were all comfortable and the food was incredible.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This flight home must have been one of the best ever! My first experience with this plane & the leg room was generous, crew attentive & I even slept for most of the flight home & I never ever sleep on planes! The Dreamliner was so quiet, thoroughly relaxing & when I did wake up watched a movie & then we were about to land. If only all flights were like this one!

1  Thank Jen581
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This has been out 2nd time flying with Virgin to Orlando. The check in was nice, quick and straight forward with bo problems. for take off we were delayed by half hour but were kept informed on board, every flight attendant we came across were very friendly, helpful and polite, especially two of them who were both named Phillip! (Thank you).

We flew in on the 747-300 and were seated in economy as a family of four and we had no problems, its as comfortable as you can expect for economy. My husband is 6ft3 and he said he was ok just about had enough just about leg room to not feel too squashed. Plenty of entertainment on Vera to keep myself and the kids occupied for an almost 9 hour flight. The food, well its airplane food not fantastic but it wasn't dreadful either.

All in all a good friendly service from a well known airline, I have now used them twice and will continue to do so! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Comfortable seats for this 10 hour flight with a good selection of movies meant the time passed quickly. On seating a glass of Champagne was offered and consumed happily. The food served was surprisingly good for airline eats. Most importantly the cabin crew all got on well and were a very happy bunch, this spilled over into excellent passenger service. A steward even took my jacket to hang in a cupboard, a nice touch.
This flight was on a Boeing 747 and was quite full. A very good flight indeed.