“Very poor ground service”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 6 June 2024

Very disappointed when i miss my flight I Booked return flight vn airlins from cxr to hcmc to delhi they checked in my luggage directly cxr to delhi I got it . But during return from delhi also checked in to cxr directly. . I reachd hcmc domestic airport 7 am and waiting 5 hour for next flight. During this time nobody inform me that my luggage in lost and found airline had my mail and ph no. But when i was boarding staff said pick your luggage from lost and found. Very disappointed tje i go there and pick my luggage and check in again. I miss my flight. Its really very poor service and miss communication. Be carr ful when you check in directly to last destination. I always book vn airlines but i will never book be careful…

Date of travel: June 2024

Reviewed 5 June 2024

I don't normally write reviews but I was so impressed with Vietnam Airlines on our recent travels to and within Vietnam that I felt compelled to complement them on their service and professionalism. My wife and I travel extensively around the world but this was the first time we tried Vietnam airlines.
First up, we were impressed by their punctuality. Each of our three flights departed exactly on time, something we've rarely experienced. They were well organised and had us boarding calmly and efficiently all the while with welcoming smiles.
Secondly, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food - much better than your average airline food, and as always, served with care and a welcoming smile. None of that "pay as you go" rubbish you find on budget airlines.
Thirdly, their on board staff were brilliant - warm, prompt and very attentive. One of the best services we've ever experienced on an airline.
Lastly, all flights were very smooth and without incident - we felt we were in good hands
Our experience with Vietnam Airlines was in stark contrast to the awful experience we had with Vietjet on our return flight to Melbourne. Never again Vietjet for us.
So will we travel again on Vietnam Airlines? Absolutely, and we'll be telling all friends to try them as well. Very satisfied customers!!

Reviewed 31 May 2024

I booked a round trip flight for my daughter. When she arrived at San Francisco airport last night, she discovered that her flight was cancelled at 2 hours of expected takeoff. They offered to book her on the next flight which leaves in 48 hours! She had to spend the night freezing at the airport. When asked for a refund of a RT which cost me over $2000, they only offered $360. My daughter is upset, cold, uncomfortable, hungry, exhausted, and has to sleep in a dangerous place with no bed or heat. I will never book Vietnam Airlines again. They don't care at all about the comfort, well-being, and safety of a young woman traveling abroad by herself.

1  Thank Katherine K
Reviewed 29 May 2024

The stewardess and stewarts were very courteous and patient. I thought I lost my cardigan, I was not sure where I lost it, because of rush to get on a transit plane. They escorted us directly to the transit plane and at end of flight, helped and found the cardigan.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 28 May 2024

- Airline system removed the middle names of my partner and baby meaning we could not check in.
- Service desk staff told us to call Vietnam Airlines directly. The staff on the phone argued with my partner saying they could not fix the issue.
- Luckily, one Vietnam Airlines staff member at the airport was attempting to get the tickets amended. We were however left waiting for 3 hours with hardly any updates during the process. Waiting in an airport in limbo for this long with a 12 week old baby.
- When we asked for updates, we were met with an extremely combative attitude. The extremely rude service desk agent’s name is Sara. I thought she was rude before I even had to interact with her as I saw her yelling at other staff and abruptly “shushing” them when they tried to speak.
- When we were left standing in limbo with no update, I asked for an update and Sara spat at me that if it were just her working she would not even attempt to help us.
- We literally got on the plane with 6 minutes until take off. We did not even get the opportunity to go to the bathroom or have breakfast before boarding as we spent THREE HOURS at the check in desk.
- To make matters even worse, we had gate checked our travel pram for the baby, asking for it to be available at our 6.5 hour layover in Ho Chi Minh. To our surprise the pram had been checked in ALL THE WAY TO GERMANY. So we had to manage a tired baby for 6.5 hours with nowhere to safely put him down to sleep. The airline staff did not care.

We will never fly Vietnam Airlines again, I really wish we did not have a return ticket with them.

1  Thank ashleighsimpson
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.