“Destroyed baggage and no avenue to lodge a claim.”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 21 May 2024

Viet Nam airline flight attendants are generally good to very good, but their office support staff are known to be terrible to non existent. Unfortunately, my 4 days old Rimowa luggage was almost destroyed. Significant damaged was inflicted on all sides and even all the metal parts are heavily indented. It looked more like malicious damage than anything else. I tried to go online to lodge a claim but the information was not available. There was a claim form but nowhere for a claim to be lodged. Calling was not a good experience either, in line with my previous experience with their support staff. It is a if they do not want anyone to lodge a claim.

2  Thank Yen D L

Reviewed 16 May 2024

Excellent and significantly improved service quality. Their Lotusmiles program improved a lot. Cabin crew is very attentive, remember its passengers preferences, and I feel they wholeheartly meant it. Congrats!

Reviewed 16 May 2024

The food and service was very good, but only a select few had their “beds” made up. The actual seats were SO uncomfortable, even when reclined, hard as a rock.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 15 May 2024

I am writing this on my iPad on the way home from a 3 week trip to Vietnam & Cambodia- it’s a 13 hour flight & my inflight entertainment screen doesn’t work - I’ve watched all my downloads & because of the noise of screaming babies there is little chance of sleep.

Our terrible experience with Vietnam airlines started a few weeks before we left the UK , we booked an all inclusive tour through Mercury holidays & were given flight details so , as it is a long flight & my husband & I are both vegetarian we thought it best to pre book seats on all 6 flights (2 international, 4 internal) this was a painstaking experience & although on screen it looked like we had.booked the seats & vegetarian meals once the payment for a window seat had to be paid for this is where the system failed as the site could not process the additional card booking. So we tried the online bot which drew no conclusion & then phoned.They recommended that Mercury sort it out for us as we had booked through them initially. Mercury spent a great deal of time speaking to the airline and a week before travel the seats and vegetarian meals were all sorted & we received paperwork confirming this.

When booking into the first flight at Heathrow we checked with the person on the desk that the vegetarian meals were booked and he said yes they were all on the system. Once we were on the flight it was a totally different story & they denied all knowledge of the meals booked and could only offer us 1 cheese sandwich between us- for a 12hour flight - absolutely disgusting. The chief steward did then take our confirmation letter & said he would make sure that for the rest of the flights our vegetarian food request would be on the system. And for the next internal flight we did have a vegetarian roll.

As the other flights were quite short no food was served. But for the flight home today, as we were checking in at the airport after having to get up at 4am the check in staff said there was no record anywhere on the system for our request & as the food had already been loaded onto the flight there was nothing they could do.They really couldn’t of cared less- no customer service at all. So on this flight we’re have been given a roll with some vegetables in & a pasta salad that they have picked the chicken out of! On top of this my screen doesn’t work- really not impressed. On speaking to fellow travellers on this flight it seemed that many had the same experiences as us regarding vegetarian food and many of the screens on our flight didn't work either.
So if you are vegetarian & might want some inflight entertainment I would avoid this airline at all costs.

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 15 May 2024

Worst customer services. No responds and finally reached the customer service agent but he said ‘ I don’t remember I said ‘ for something he promised. Unbelievable

Date of travel: September 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.