“If you can use another airline to get to Vietnam - do it!”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am writing this on my iPad on the way home from a 3 week trip to Vietnam & Cambodia- it’s a 13 hour flight & my inflight entertainment screen doesn’t work - I’ve watched all my downloads & because of the noise of screaming babies there is little chance of sleep.

Our terrible experience with Vietnam airlines started a few weeks before we left the UK , we booked an all inclusive tour through Mercury holidays & were given flight details so , as it is a long flight & my husband & I are both vegetarian we thought it best to pre book seats on all 6 flights (2 international, 4 internal) this was a painstaking experience & although on screen it looked like we had.booked the seats & vegetarian meals once the payment for a window seat had to be paid for this is where the system failed as the site could not process the additional card booking. So we tried the online bot which drew no conclusion & then phoned.They recommended that Mercury sort it out for us as we had booked through them initially. Mercury spent a great deal of time speaking to the airline and a week before travel the seats and vegetarian meals were all sorted & we received paperwork confirming this.

When booking into the first flight at Heathrow we checked with the person on the desk that the vegetarian meals were booked and he said yes they were all on the system. Once we were on the flight it was a totally different story & they denied all knowledge of the meals booked and could only offer us 1 cheese sandwich between us- for a 12hour flight - absolutely disgusting. The chief steward did then take our confirmation letter & said he would make sure that for the rest of the flights our vegetarian food request would be on the system. And for the next internal flight we did have a vegetarian roll.

As the other flights were quite short no food was served. But for the flight home today, as we were checking in at the airport after having to get up at 4am the check in staff said there was no record anywhere on the system for our request & as the food had already been loaded onto the flight there was nothing they could do.They really couldn’t of cared less- no customer service at all. So on this flight we’re have been given a roll with some vegetables in & a pasta salad that they have picked the chicken out of! On top of this my screen doesn’t work- really not impressed. On speaking to fellow travellers on this flight it seemed that many had the same experiences as us regarding vegetarian food and many of the screens on our flight didn't work either.
So if you are vegetarian & might want some inflight entertainment I would avoid this airline at all costs.

1  Thank Lisa F

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst customer services. No responds and finally reached the customer service agent but he said ‘ I don’t remember I said ‘ for something he promised. Unbelievable

Date of travel: September 2023
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Vietnam Airline Lounge is a total rip off. Cost $32 US and you get terrible food (cold and the soup is warm), food is left uncovered. There are flies all over the uncover food. The staff there doesn't come pick up the dishes. Sofa chair uncomfortable. We caught a bug with a bowl at our table. For the price you pay the standards should be better. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have now take three internal flights with Vietnam airlines and are very pleasantly surprised. The staff and flight attendants have been extremely professional and friendly.
As a very tall man 193 cm, check in staff immediately offered us the emergency seating to enable more leg room.

All our flights were only 1 hour so we didn’t experience any of the in flight food, however we’re always provided a bottle of water.
Flights were all on time to the minute and the safety briefing and captains communication was also in English.
Well done Vietnam Airlines.
One of the flights included an aircraft change in advance, which we had pre selected seats online.
The change was communicated several days ahead.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pleasantly surprised by Vietnam Airlines.
Kiosk staff were very patient, friendly, extremely organised and helpful.
I observed a high degree of professionalism across the board from arrival to departure.

The plane was immaculately clean throughout, toilets well stocked and clean.
Nothing was broken and as a 6"2 man I had plenty of leg room and width in economy.
The seats were comfortable and the was ample storage both in the seats and overhead despite being fully booked.

The food, speaking as a Chef was thoroughly heated, they had a good variety menu, components were not over or under cooked and actually had flavour so I am pleased to say that Vietnam Airlines scores higher than most in this regard.
I also observed cabin crew were very attentive to passenger calls, accommodated every request, frequently provided a choice of refreshments and made sure children were catered to first which kept them happy and avoided the dreaded screams.

Overall I will happily rate Vietnam Airlines in my top 10 I will also be using them for every trip I take to Vietnam in the future as my first choice.
I highly recommend them over other airlines to Vietnam.

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank MarkGolledge
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.