“Never use Vietnam Airlines”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst customer services. No responds and finally reached the customer service agent but he said ‘ I don’t remember I said ‘ for something he promised. Unbelievable

Date of travel: September 2023

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Vietnam Airline Lounge is a total rip off. Cost $32 US and you get terrible food (cold and the soup is warm), food is left uncovered. There are flies all over the uncover food. The staff there doesn't come pick up the dishes. Sofa chair uncomfortable. We caught a bug with a bowl at our table. For the price you pay the standards should be better. Don't waste your money.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have now take three internal flights with Vietnam airlines and are very pleasantly surprised. The staff and flight attendants have been extremely professional and friendly.
As a very tall man 193 cm, check in staff immediately offered us the emergency seating to enable more leg room.

All our flights were only 1 hour so we didn’t experience any of the in flight food, however we’re always provided a bottle of water.
Flights were all on time to the minute and the safety briefing and captains communication was also in English.
Well done Vietnam Airlines.
One of the flights included an aircraft change in advance, which we had pre selected seats online.
The change was communicated several days ahead.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pleasantly surprised by Vietnam Airlines.
Kiosk staff were very patient, friendly, extremely organised and helpful.
I observed a high degree of professionalism across the board from arrival to departure.

The plane was immaculately clean throughout, toilets well stocked and clean.
Nothing was broken and as a 6"2 man I had plenty of leg room and width in economy.
The seats were comfortable and the was ample storage both in the seats and overhead despite being fully booked.

The food, speaking as a Chef was thoroughly heated, they had a good variety menu, components were not over or under cooked and actually had flavour so I am pleased to say that Vietnam Airlines scores higher than most in this regard.
I also observed cabin crew were very attentive to passenger calls, accommodated every request, frequently provided a choice of refreshments and made sure children were catered to first which kept them happy and avoided the dreaded screams.

Overall I will happily rate Vietnam Airlines in my top 10 I will also be using them for every trip I take to Vietnam in the future as my first choice.
I highly recommend them over other airlines to Vietnam.

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank MarkGolledge
Reviewed 3 May 2024

All geared up for a comfortable return from our holiday in comfort having celebrated a late anniversary and big birthday. What could go wrong! Hi, we are seasoned travellers and sorry to say our experience with Vietnamese Airlines was very disappointing and at times annoying.

Flight VN51 Ho Chi Minh to London Heathrow.
Firstly, our return flight from Ho Chi Minh to Heathrow was brought forward which although inconvenient we were able to amend our travel arrangements but not ideal. When we arrived at the Lotus Lounge the offerings of food were very basic with some of the drying out and the choice very limited with no consideration for non asian travellers.

Secondly, we were advised when we checked in that our business class seats were one window and one aisle seat, we did ask for two central seats so we (my wife and I) could be together but told none were available! When we boarded the plane the stewardess said our allocated seats were the two central seats as requested and not window and aisle, clearly the check-in staff do not know the aircraft seating plan. It was quite clear that there were ample middle seats available in business class but the check in staff said there were none.

Thirdly, having taken our seats my screen and sound were not working despite a few attempts by the cabin crew to make it work. They apologised and offered me an Ipad that was seriously lacking in content available compared to the pod screen set-up. No other option was available apparently. I moved myself (without any suggestion from the crew) to the empty seat behind to see if the screen etc was working and this wasn't working either, this would have meant I would not be sitting next to my wife. I then moved to the seat behind my wife that was also not being used and found this did work. All this was done on my own initiative without any assistance from the cabin crew to find a seat that had all the screen and sound services working. Looking around there were ample centre seats available but at no time were we offered a change of seat so we would be seated together for this 13hrs 25min flight.
I had to spend virtually all of the flight sitting behind my wife and not together. When you spend over £5000 for business class seating and end up with the above this is not acceptable.
In summary; checkin staff do not know the layout of the aircraft. The lotus Lounge was very disappointing for food and drinks availability. Middle seats were available even though we were told they were not. Cabin staff apart from a little help with the screen and sound only offered an ipad when clearly other seats were available not only for me but for both of us.
We booked these flights direct with Vietnam Airways and not an agency. Got a very short reply to the above saying we booked through an agency, we did'nt (and proved it) and on FB it was a bog standard answer sorry but we do our best!

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Peter M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.