“Worst experience with United Airlines”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family got the worst experience with United Airlines.
We were traveling from Denver to Los Angeles, 6/15-6/19. My husband and I both have United credit cards. We were using our mileage for the tickets. My son (3 year old), my daughter (6 monthold), and I were on the same reservation, round trip from DEN to LAX. My husband was on the different one.
The departure date from Denver went smoothly, we had no issues or problems. We checked in and flew out. All happy!

Then on June 18th, I was checking in our flight and found out that the reservation only showed me and my daughter as passengers. I couldn't pull up info for my son (3 year old boy) and my husband reservation was no where to be found.
I called the United's help desk to figure out what happened. On the phone with them for at least 1 hour and got transferred twice, the agent told me that United's Denver canceled their reservations without any communication. He told me that United said there was no show that my husand and our son did not take the plane.

WE ALL TOOK THE FLIGHT.

I kept telling them that over and over again. They seemed to not get it. They were basically blaming us. How the heck did we know if there was no communication, NOTHING.

There were back and forth and the agent told me that he could reissue the ticket for my husband but not our son because they need to see him physically. Told me that don't worry, people at the check in counter can reissue the ticket for my son when they pulled up the reservation with all the notes that he made. Just need to go to the airport tomorrow and everything will be fine.

We went to airport 3 hours before our departure time. Waited in line at checked in counter. And, was told that SHE CAN'T HELP US. We had to call the mileage plus to sort it out.

Called the mileage plus and had to explain to them again that IT'S UNITED AIRLINES FAULT NOT OURS, but they kept repeating that my son did not take the flight. HE DID. HE WAS WITH US THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME. There was no announcement, no communication, nothing to let's us be aware of the situation. United has our phone numbers, our email addresses. NOTHING FROM THEM.

It took again more than an hour on the phone to get ticket for my son. We were able to make the flight because the gate was next to the security check-in.

For the whole experience, United was blaming us and kept saying that my son was A NO SHOW. There was NO APOLOGY, NO SYMPATHY for our situation coming from them.

I do blame myself to book our flights with United. Can't wait to cancel our credit cards and never have to flight with them again.

If you fly with United, do check your reservation often. You won't know when they decide to cancel your reservation and not letting you know.

I called the United to complain and they seem to not care if they are losing us as customers.

If you can, stay away from United Airlines.

If you can't, goodluck!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

United will not let basic economy, customers check in online or get an online boarding pass. They punish you for being an economy, customer by forcing you to check in at the Airport on the day of the flight. Same goes for seat selection. Extremely scummy business practices. I will never fly on this airline again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight has delayed due to airplane maintenance, but overall the service was great, and the plane interior and seat were decent!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was delayed from Lincoln Nebraska coming from California due to mechanical issues, this delay caused me to miss my connecting flight to Baltimore. When the plane arrived in Lincoln, there was a further delay citing weather delays. This change caused passengers to not be fully compensated because it was out of the control of UA. Bull!! I heard the majority of the passengers in the airport with me on the phone with representatives from UA receiving adjustments for the delay. When I arrived at the counter, I was told everything would be handled and to connect with the gate agent in Chicago. I did that, but was given misinformation which led me to have out of pocket expenses during my overnight stay in Chicago. A UA representative informed me to save receipts and submit for reimbursement. I did that and am now being denied for those out of pocket costs. I’ve called UA more than 10 times to have this resolved when certain passengers had their issues resolved in only one phone call. I asked to speak with a supervisor on several occasions and was told there was nothing much they could do. I don’t like to talk about discrimination in this day and age but unfortunately, I feel I’ve been mishandled by this airline because of it. I was traveling with my minor child and this is not the experience I wanted him to have.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew back home from Los Angeles and it was a 12 hour flight. The food was horrible and definetely not enough. The staff was extremely unfriendly, nobody really wanted to answer our questions, we just got sent away. check in was complicated and booking seats to sit together almost impossible. wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.