“Horrible Experience ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 December 2023

Departed late.... no reason. Delayed while boarded for 30 min. Missed connection by 5 minute that miraculously left early! Run away from this airline!!!!!!

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Adam O

Reviewed 1 December 2023

I was a little late today getting to my plane and I didn’t make it in time. Even with a escort trying to travel during the holidays can be a pain as I missed my flight but I had the best customer service I have ever had in my life I will always fly with united because or Venetta Hazel⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ she is a angel sent from heaven and I am so happy to finally see someone willing to go up and beyond for a customer. She alway kept a smile on her face and always is looking for a solution and Today she found it Thank you so much Venetta and my United Airlines Family I Love you guys so much. Angels in the Airport ♥️

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 1 December 2023

Worst trip EVER. Firstly our flight was delayed by around an hour and we had to go to another gate quite a distance from the original gate.
We had a second delay
which was for cleaning and we eventually boarded the plane about an hour and a half late.
The plane started moving towards the runway but then the captain made an announcement that there was an engine problem and we would have to return to the gate.
We sat for a while then we were asked to leave the plane as it was going to take a couple of hours to fix so they were going to put us on another plane.
A plane was found but then we were told there was no pilot!
Our flight, which should have left at 11.10pm finally left at 7.30am the following morning.
We were given food vouchers at the airport but the only places open were self service and the scanners were not easy to use. We were given two $15 vouchers each but the scanners could not cope with two vouchers for one sale. Also the scanner asked for codes which weren't easy to find. We were so confused we ended up not getting anything.
Once on the plane we were told there was an issue with the catering. We were given a couple of packets of pretzels each and a drink. Later we we given a sausage and egg bun.
A few hours later we were given a 'Tapas Snack Box'. This consisted of some small thin wafer biscuits, some olives, a packet of nuts, some hummus and some processed cheese. Not really what you want when you've been stuck at an airport for hours and would like a hot meal.
We can't praise the staff enough. They worked hard under difficult (and for them I would imagine embarrassing) conditions.
We finally arrived at our airport nearly 8 hours later than anticipated.
I definitely would NOT recommend anyone fly with United.
I felt we were left to fend for ourselves during the time they were trying to sort a plane and a pilot. We only knew about the food vouchers because another passenger told us about them.
We have travelled all over the world and this is definitely the worst flight we have ever experienced.

Reviewed 1 December 2023

My mother was at the airport two hours early as recommended she is in a wheelchair and needs assistance. They change the flight for her to fly out and have a six hour delay. When she arrives in Indianapolis they do not have a wheelchair accessibility or prepared for her, they did not give her the upgraded seat, which I paid for specific instructions to help make the transportation as easy as possible And then gave her a $15 lunch voucher one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had to deal with and I would highly recommend this company be avoided. A 2 1/2 hour flight ended up taking 14 hours due to this nonsense. In which I could drive it in 10.

Reviewed 1 December 2023

On a seven hour flight from Maui to DEN we were served what proved to be possibly the worst meals I've ever been served by an airline or restaurant. A hard cold tasteless chicken breast on tasteless quinoa. Served with the usual dry flavorless lettuce. Who serves "salad" with no dressing? Essentially rabbit food. The other was an odd cold pasta with a hunk of cold tofu, and more rabbit food. When I asked the flight attendant if there was supposed to be something on the lettuce, she said no, and admitted that they get a lot of complaints. Duh.

• Food and Beverage
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.