“Eh...It is what it is...”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

United got us to our destination w/o any delays or cancellations. Thank you.

But, there’s a vibe, a feeling you get when You fly economy that brings back (for me anyway) some childhood memories.

My Dad owned a livestock trucking business. He’d load as many cattle as friction and personal cattle space would allow onto a 53 foot cattle trailer, and head to market.

United airlines loaded me on to an “Express” jet filled elbow to elbow with humankind headed for Key West. I looked past my meager leg room, the mini bag of pretzels, and the muffled, and indecernable safety instructions from the Stewardess, and came to the realization that...

I now have an empathy for cattle like never before..

Date of travel: February 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (39,135)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband, myself and two teenage sons booked a vacation deal through united. Flight and hotel for Jan 31 to Feb 3 from buffalo to Las Vegas. Our entire vacation was cancelled due to the weather. Understandable.
The issue is dealing with united is a nightmare! Three weeks later and several phone calls of an hour each time of trying to get through and still no refund! Awful!
We were told we would get the flight money back but may have to pay one night as we were a no show! Really.... On top of that we are having to pay the exchange rate. We were suppose to receive update emails. Nothing! Literally left hanging.. rude customer service.
Years back we flew with southwest -our connecting flight was cancelled and we were put up in a hotel for one night with a flight out the next day. Southwest gave each of my family members $150.00 to use up to one year...for the inconvenience. And there was 7 of us. Now that is customer service.
Avoid United you will be disappointed. They should have refunded our money right from the start instead it’s been the run around. I have never flown with them and now never will.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank familyfuntravels6
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First flight with United, great schedule for my visit however their Boeing 757 is not a comfortable long haul aircraft, noisy interior with uncomfortable seats. This flight ran late boarding because of a delay arriving in Orlando. Cabin service was very good and flight attendants were engaging and professional.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service and the food were phenomenal. Only con was they didn’t have much white wine on one of the flights. Life’s hardship...lol
Will fly with them again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our departure flight was delayed due to airport equipment issues and also for de-icing.
We barely made it to our connecting flight at Chicago Ohare. At the gate we were informed our First Class seats were given away and we could sit in economy. When we protested they said there were no later First Class or the next day and told we would get a refund. The gate agents were rude and blamed us for the problem. When I filed paperwork for the refund was told that since we were on the flight there would be no refund. We paid $1200 to sit in economy!! We both have back and hip problems and the 4 hour flight was very difficult for us. I would think their computers would have showed that we were enroute and held our seats.

In February we flew American Airlines and had a similar situation but they saw we were enroute and landed and waited for us.

If your seats get changed like ours I certainly would hold the get agent responsible for rewriting tickets to ensure a refund.

Date of travel: December 2018