“Mhhh not my favourite”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2018

I was quite curious to fly United as I had read pretty horrible things about this airline. Check-in was uneventful, the ground staff was helpful and helped me navigate the self-check-in machines.

Upon boarding, no one was there greeting passengers. One hostess was busy chatting to the captain and the other one was going up and down the aisle making sue bags were stored in the overhead lockers. For me, greeting passengers when boarding is a sign of excellent customer service. Maybe united should re-think that.

The seats were too close to each other and very uncomfortable. The service on board was basic.

I am not sure I will be flying with them again as I do not live in the US.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,193)

Reviewed 13 December 2018

Flight was on the time ! Service on board was pleasant,served good drink !
Staff help with all information about filling immigration papers ,and others issues,answered for questions Nice,polite people allway ready to help

Reviewed 13 December 2018

This flight goes through Beijing, but it's worth it because you arrive Sunday night at 9pm. This will allow you to get a full night's rest before starting your workday on Monday. United has a direct flight to Chengdu, but it arrives at 5am which makes it difficult to check into the hotel.

I was very lucky that my company allowed business class for a 10+ hour long trip. I have to say that the Polaris Business Class offered on Flight 888 is the BEST flight I have take with United. For this flight, all seats in business class are isle seats! Also, the seat is a mini suite with a small area and cabinet to store your stuff. The suite is very private and you can't see your neighbors (unless you stand up). United's typical business class seat is not as good... either you are sharing an arm rest or you might be in a window seat where you have to ask your neighbor to move if you want to get up.

The seat includes a large pillow, a memory foam pillow, a toiletry kit, slippers, and a high quality blanket. The entertainment system is excellent with a large high definition screen.

Flight 888 Polaris Class Business is the best that United has to offer in my opinion.

Reviewed 13 December 2018

Friendly personnel from the check-in counter to the boarding area. Boarding the flight was effortless and the attendants were right on with their service, That sure is a long flight though. I enjoyed Frankfort on my layover, but would have preferred a direct flight. There was a never ending list of In-flight movies, music, and more. I did not feel cramped even though I chose economy class.

Date of travel: July 2018

Brutal!
Flight attendants were snippy and short.
They ran out of food before they got to aisle 20, 30 minutes into a 4.5 hour flight.
No pens supplied for Mexican Customs Forms, they had none.
Nice start to my family vacation.

NO MORE UNITED!

My return flight on American Airlines was a complete opposite. Service was great, as well as my experience!