“Las Vegas trip”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Flew with united but was disappointed that there was no individual monitors for inflight entertainment surely they are a must in the 21st century. What made this disappointing was I’d done my research and looked at their planes all showed monitors in the back of the seats. It was only at checkin at Dublin was I told that the aircraft had no screens and films etc were only viewable via their app. More annoying I had only an iphone8 with no headphones so I had to buy an adapter. Luckily I had the app downloaded but the amount of passengers who didn’t wAs I’d say the majority. And try downloading anything using airport WiFi near impossible if you hadn’t before arriving. Also I left an iPad at home as I didn’t need it. If their website had made all of the above clear there would have been no issue but it didn’t. Also a stewardess told me there was no charging on board for devices. Strange as I found one half way during flight which is not usb but an electrical (American) plug connection I mean no usb charger in 2018?? Either the Irish passengers are being treated as 2nd class or united haven’t moved with technology I believe the former. I won’t be travelling with them again because of the above. Why should I? When AA Aer Lingus delta provide In flight entertainment with individual screens.

1  Thank normanh7
Write a ReviewReviews (35,266)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All my connections were on time. Economy plus had ample leg room, and the flight attendants could not have been nicer and so very attentive to all. Additionally, my connection flight was on time. Luggage arrived, and off I went. It is nice to fly when there are no complications. However, if there are complications just take it as a journey for the day.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took the first flight in the morning, it was on time. What can one do on an early flight other than catching up on emails and enjoying sunrise?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very interested to see what the hype was all about. I'm not United's biggest fan, but they're solid for international flights, where they include checked bags and the prices are reasonable enough. They're never going to be an Emirates or a Qatar, but it was a comfortable flight all in all. The new polaris seats are set up a bit strangely, staggered in a way I found rather puzzling since it didn't seem to save any space whatsoever. At all of 5'3" it was plenty of room for me in the laydown beds, but my 6'+ companions were grumbling about the lack of space in the newer plane. Food was solid.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you can afford the extra money, fly first class. It’s not much more but the extra room and service is worth it. First on and off and first bags make it a quick exit when you arrive.