“Average”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have multi-city route so United pretty much is the best choice we get as far as shortest flights go, price is a bit higher than Singapore and Cathy though. They got rid of first class on this route and only offers Polaris Business which are basically lie flat seats but not all are pods. Seats seem narrower than other airlines lie flat, food and wine is pretty much worse than other airlines, of course, customer service is the worst, The only positive note is that the new Polaris lounge at SFO is much improved.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,818)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew United Airlines yesterday in first class from coast to coast or what they call first class. Two things to be aware: 1- a first class ticket does not get you in the United lounge which I found odd and stingy and 2- the seats barely recline. I cannot wait to fly Emirates again. The rest was fine but limited service and small toilet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in went well. After boarding plane it was announced we would be delayed while they did a maintenance check on the aircraft. After a 45 min. wait we were asked to exit the plane while they continued there maintenance check. We were then told they were going to get an other plane for our flight to Newark NJ. It was three hours later before the plane arrived and we boarded for our flight to Newark. Didn't get to Newark till after 2am then an other hour drive to home. Was not a pleasurable experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at check in to be told our morning flight was delayed by an hour or so and then it turned into 6 hours! They only have 1 aeroplane going from Edinburgh to New York!? Our cases were checked in and it was a stress and nightmare! Not thinking about it going to be delayed I had left all my medication in my case so was in a lot of pain during the flight! I was told by customer service that it was my own fault I had not taking them in my hand luggage! I put them in my case due to some policy in America regarding certain types of tablets! The lady at check in was nice and tried to help as much as possible and told us to claim some compensation which she said we were entitled to due to the length of the delay! Fair enough the gave us 20$ each for lunch. We tried to put a claim in with them but they offered US dollars to use against another flight with them! Which we weren’t happy about but they said that’s all they were offering so you really don’t have a choice ! Every time we have used this airline it’s always something from delays to overbooked seats! We are still no further forward with our claim so have a company to try and get some compensation from them! We certainly have been put off using them again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have bone cancer. I paid for the economy plus upgrade and explained I needed an aisle. I got a middle. I need to be able to move often. I explained to the air host the error. He brought in customer service who just said NO. Cant do it. Not possible. Then he lied and put me in 32C which no way was extra leg room.

I was in horrible pain from being cramped into the smallest most uncomfortable seat ever. The seats barely recline too - All the friends come off the flight with backaches
I had to double my pain medication.

To add insult to injury they now expect everyone to bring a tablet in order to use on board entertainment. I dont travel with my tablet. A phone is too small to watch a movie . And not everyone has a smartphone or tablet. What happened to tv's in back of the seats.

Its pathetic