“average airline”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We used this airline 6 times during our vacation to Hawaii as we visited several islands and also stopped in San Francisco on our way there and also on our way back. The checking in process was good once we got the hang of it and the staff were on hand if any problems occurred.The main flights from Heathrow to San Francisco were very good, plenty of leg room and monitors for in flight entertainment.The food served the purpose and the staff were very good.
Our 5 hour flight to Honolulu from San Francisco was we felt not as good. Drinks provided but food had to be paid for and no monitors so we could not watch a movie unless it was on our own devices. All we had was our phones, which we did not want to use to watch a movie.
The flights were fine between the Hawaiian islands as they were only short so did not expect anything but we did get a drink.
Our overall experience was fine but not great.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,874)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I bought flights to San Fransisco. We booked our seats at the time of purchase. Once checking into the flight I was informed my husband and I were no longer next to each other- but we could buy an upgrade and be next to each other. So I paid the >$300 per person for first class and were still not next to each other. We had to beg the lady in first class to switch with us. So now we check in to fly home- and again- we are not in the seats we were booked in when we purchased the tickets- but we can purchase an upgrade! No thanks. We called the day before and was told she could not help us but would put it in the notes. We get to the gate and no notes. And- no- we are not together. Seriously? Are you really shaking people down to get next to each other and then even when I do upgrade you still charge another $30 to check my bag because you ran out of room??? So Jay- Badge V076738 is the worst employee at United I've ever worked with. Never again will I fly United- I highly suggest you avoid it also.

3  Thank Renee L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I fly frequently domestically in the US and internationally. I’ve experienced most of the US air carriers including JetBlue, Delta, AA, Alaska, Allegiant, Southwest, United, and a number of US carriers pre-merger. I’ve flown a number of international carriers as well including Liat, Air Canada, Westjet, Lufthansa, JAL, Jet Airways, British Airways, etc.

My least favorite airline in the entire world after hundreds of thousands of miles of flying is United Airlines. Their customer service is consistently disappointing, both in first class and economy class (if any of you have flown with Liat, you’ll know that it is a remarkable claim I’ve made that United is worse). Their Polaris international business class is not bad but certainly does not compete with its competitors for the hefty price.

I took a 5 year hiatus from United after my last disappointing experience getting stranded in Chicago O’hare. I recently flew international business class with them again to my regret. After several delays, lost baggage, and disappointing customer service, I remembered why it was that I stopped flying with them previously. I can safely say United will never have my business again.

2  Thank Anonymous908098
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Two and a half hour delay on United Airlines flight. We kept getting conflicting text and email messages about the rescheduled time. The real kicker was continuing to get email messages almost 16 hours after the flight ended. Are US airlines just trying to drive consumers mad?

1  Thank Darin L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently purchased a Checked Luggage/Baggage Subscription allowing up to eighteen checked bags for up to nine people flying on the same reservation with me. Even though we were able to eventually check our bags under the subscription, there were multiple counter agents that had no idea what a Checked Luggage/Baggage Subscription was.

1  Thank Darin L