“Avoid Newark, NJ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My plane was broken at St. Louis so they kindly put me on another flight routing to Newark instead of Chicago leaving a few hours after mine was supposed to depart. That one didn't even make it into the air and we were sent back to the terminal as Newark was having some weather and would not let us land. When we finally took off 3 hours later, we still couldn't land once we got to Newark and were advised that we might have to land at Allentown and then catch a bus to Newark, NJ. We finally did land in Newark, but all of the outgoing flights had been cancelled leaving me stranded in Newark. I did manage to find a flight going into Raleigh, NC and then had to rent a car to get to Greensboro. United did not help pay for the car, even though it was their fault I couldn't get to Greensboro until the next day when my appointment was. So instead of arriving in Greensboro at 4:30pm, I arrived at 2am in the morning. UGH. Avoid Newark if possible!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,818)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Charged me twice (somehow), Refunded me incorrectly, told me I didn’t have a ticket, were late twice

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our trip started out great. However, while waiting to go to the departure gate, I noticed the flight from Omaha to Chicago had been cancelled. BUT, the flight an hour before our scheduled departure on the same airline had left on time. After re-booking, we waited 4 hours to board. Then, the nightmare worsened. Our flight was again delayed. To make matter worse, United changed the departure gate SIX TIMES!! We finally arrived in Boston ELEVEN HOURS LATE! From there we had to drive three hours to our hotel. Then returning home from Boston, we could only check in three of four in our group. In order to get home, I had to upgrade my ticket for $69.00. What a ripe off!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight OK, sat in Eco plus. Food SUCKS....!!!!!!! I have taken this flight (round trip) several times and I have told United each time their meals are terrible. I get better food at a highway gas station. I keep asking why they don't go to the vendor that supplies 7-11 with their food? it's much better. I would rather buy gas station sushi than eat the crap they serve on this flight.....!!!!!!

1  Thank jim r
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The airline had about 15 minutes delay at departure, but arrived on time. The seats are very tight, and there are no screens to allow you to watch movies. The lavatory is very small and should be cleaned more often.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)