“Scam airline. should be investigated by EU”
Review of TAP Air Portugal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have flown most airlines in the world, from the cheapest low cost to african regional airlines to most expensive middle eastern first class and business class, to private. I never felt compelled to write a review neither positive nor negative. This time is different. I had business class refundable from rome to faro. Had to cancel first flight, and had to buy new ticket, never got a refund. Had to change a flight; impossible, n their website you can't, on the phone they simply don't answer. ever! of the 4 flights i had booked, all 4 were delayed. The rudest flight attendants i have ever seen. not a smile, no service whatsoever, and just plain rude attitude. their planes are old and their european business class is a joke. never again. buyer beware.

1  Thank Alessandra S
Write a reviewReviews (20,782)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've tried calling Tap Air Portugal 7 times now and have been on hold over over 8 hours in total.

Every time someone answers, they say they will "transfer me to the correct department" and then completely hang up.

All I need to do is make one minor change but their online system is giving a 404 error and no one is answering the phone.

This is unbelievably frustrating. I will never fly with this airline again.

3  Thank brockmjones
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We arrived with no bags. at Heathrow no one assisted us with the next steps to finding our luggage. I tried to call emmediately the next day. I was on the phone for over 4h waiting for someone to answer the phone. no success. O drove back to Heathrow as I could not get a hold of anyone on phone. A long trip back to Heathrow with no bags again and still have not been able to locate bags. worst customer service. they have not even attempted to contact me with an update of all my luggage. expensive trip with an airline that claims to be a reliable airline. I will not attempt ever again to fly with this airline.

1  Thank NatashaD1115
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband passed away in May 2021, he had a credit with TAP. On the TAP website I requested a refund, not hearing back for weeks I started calling TAP at 1-800-903-7914 and was on hold for an average of 45 min...As of today, August 23rd I have called seven times and still being told "your refund will be looked into", they showed absolutely no compassion or empathy for my situation.

On every call I asked to speak with a manager and was told our managers do not speak to travellers, TAP customer service is HORRIBLE.

Date of travel: May 2021
2  Thank dcamara30
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I bought a flight with an escale both from TAP. The first one was from Paris to Lisbonne and the second from Lisbonne to Dulles. Both flights got cancelled due to a protest and instead of asking me how I would like to be accommodated, they booked two of their flight for the same destinations for a week later without my consent. The problem, they booked the light from Lisbonne to Dulles for the 20th and the flight to get me to Lisbonne on the 21st. I am still surprised to have witnessed such incompetency. Of course, their customer services are nowhere to be found and a refund was denied due to exceptional circumstances (protests are said not to be one).

Date of travel: July 2021
2  Thank U4013QHtomr
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.