“Fairly new plane - good service”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was hearing horror stories of TAP but had to fly direct from JFK to LIS so gave it a shot. The plane was in nice fairly new condition. We were delayed 30 minutes going and 15 minutes on the return - so was not terrible. Business class very limited seating and I was unable to get that. One tip I will pass along is get ROW 7 -- there is no premium economy on this plane and with row 7 bulkhead you get to stretch your feet out a little.

Going 6 hours not bad, coming back over 8 hrs not so great. Just a long flight to sit in economy but the staff was attentive and the ride very smooth. The food was decent airline food, nothing special but not horrible. By being in row 7 you get on and off the plane easily so that was a bonus. I had a relatively good experience and found all the TAP personnel on the ground and in the air quite pleasant.

1  Thank STEVENSNY
Write a ReviewReviews (13,363)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

4 times (there and back) I have flown with this airline and 4 times have been delayed by at least an hour, absolutely rubbish airline.....!!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This flight was very pleasant, especially compared to our experience on Norwegian. The crew were helpful and pleasant. The best part was the food! Meals were excellent, hot and tasty.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline company ever.
Flight deleted (not the first time) unprofessional customer service and everything!

1  Thank Desy G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have flown over 4 million miles and TAP isThe worst airline I have ever flown.
It first started at the checkin . The Agents have no clue what is going on and taske forever.
then I get on board my speciasl meal needs to be served upopen and they opened it before takeoff. I was surprised that they let infants in first class. The baby was seated next to me and did not stop crying ALL NIGHT.
It then took forever for the bags to arrive.

On my return there was a long line in DUS tcheck in to TAP. ONLY 2 agents. After waiting 10 min or so I walked to the front of the line and asked about a first class or Elite check in. I was told "OH stay here I'll take you next." At the gate there was a security line and again 1 BIG line. I asked there about is there an Elite Line. the Agent replied " they forgot to put up the sign and he let me in the line.
Guess what my special meal that was confirmed at the check in ...Never loaded so no meal for me.
When I landed in Miami. I forgot something at customs. I was told to to a get a TAP agent to retrieve it. I go upstairs and ask.I was told ONLY a supervisor can go down. BUTTT there was no supervisor aroung.UI was told They can't do anything because they need to get a flight out and I needed to wait about 1 hour. ALL the agents ignored me