“Longish wait for boarding, but the flight was ok and the crew was nice”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The wait was rather long and the flight departed with a 30 mins delay. Boarding was done under rather strange criteria, even if it all went smoothly, but for the delay. The flight was eventless. The crew was nice and even on a short fly, they still offered a tasty ice cream. Quite a difference from cheap airlines.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (12,722)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrive two hours prior to check in and went to the TAP check in counters. There were people everywhere and from reading the boards at the check in counters we could not determine which queue to get into. Also the fact that there were no queue separators. Anyway we chose a queue and got to the front after 30 mins of lining up, the queue was not that long, it was just that every customer seemed to take much longer than what we have experienced on other airlines. When we get to front, the rude check in person advised us we had been in the wrong queue and should have lined up in the one that said Europe, which we responded there wasn’t one, which there wasn’t. We were then just shooed away and told they had other customers to serve. So we had to line up again from the rear. We began to panic a little as our flight was now only about one hour away. Luckily in the end, our flight was delayed 1.5 hours.

1  Thank JohnV1087
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well, to start, this plane is older than dirt!
You cannot pick what you want to watch.
Highly unprofessional staff... They didn't give a demonstration of the emergency exit or how to put on a mask.
The staff did not tell the other patrons to put their seats in an upright position, while others were eating.
There was no soap in the washroom, so I pressed the button for assistance. The attendant told me this should only be used for emergencies.
She brought me a tiny bar of soap in a cup... When I asked if this was enough for the entire plane, she shrugged her shoulders. I told her I'd be giving a bad review, and she didn't seem to care. While at my seat, I wanted water... It took over 45 minutes for someone to even acknowledge me (yes, the light was on to call an attendant).
Overall, terrible experience. Avoid TAP at all costs!
I give credit when it's due, and for a short flight to Marrakech, it was great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was on and old airplane, with a poor entertainment system. You couldn't choose what to watch, just the channels, so you had to watch what was being transmitted without even being able to pause the content.

The leg room was also very poor, and the food was disappointing.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a great flight with only one 'x' - which was the 1 hour 30 minute delay to the flight some of which the pilot managed to make up. Other than that, good legroom and comfort for a smaller aircraft - much better than EasyJet and RyanAir - with the added bonus of reasonable cabin bag allowance (free) and a snack and Star Alliance points. FIrst time flying into London City - and that was pleasant as well with easy transport into the city.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)