“Reliable, efficient quality brand”
Review of Swiss International Air Lines

Reviewed 19 September 2018

You get what you pay for and so this is not the cheapest way to travel. However, Swiss is as Swiss does - efficient and polite. Had a spanking brand-new plane on last trip which had oceans of leg-room as standard, individual mini-screens showing flight progress etc. Complimentary Swiss choccies are always given out - don't hesitate to take more than one! On the BHX to ZUR route a delightful but cold croissant comes on the early flight which is ok when dunked in coffee. Evening flight comes with choice of small filled roll either cheese or, for the first time, spinach (!) Not being Popeye had the cheese. Swiss are as good as anyone in making up delays whenever possible and often succeed very well. Main reason for us using Swiss however is that they offer no-change BHX to ZUR. Only minor irritation is that although you can pre-book a seat they very often send an email saying that for "operational reasons", whatever they are, your seats have been changed. So when you get this immediately go in and see if the new seats are ok and if not re-allocate if possible.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,775)

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I had the extra dollars ($100, to be exact) to spend to have "extra leg room" on this flight. The seat was in the exit door row, stating "window seat". Yes, this seat did provide extra "leg room". However, there is no "window" & "seat" is a stretch of the imagination. The 3 seats in this row are very narrow with the food table tray & the video monitor stored in the armrest. Thus, the armrests do not fold down, providing extra "seat" space for a bigger booty!
The person who purchased the middle seat in this row did not fit at all. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate this person in a different row. I cannot imagine what the flight would have been like for we three who paid extra for these seats.
Myself & the passenger on the aisle spent the rest of the flight laughing at other passengers trying to get thru the pulled curtain on their way to the toilet. Too funny. That's the other thing you have to put up with. The extra leg room quickly disappears as people form a cluster line waiting for the toilet. Our Mantra for this flight was "We Paid To Do This!"
Here is the last issue to know before you pay extra for this seat, you cannot have your carry-on with you in this space. So, if you are like me & have snacks, earplugs, books, etc. in your bag, you are up & down getting to your bag in a crowded overhead bin.
Ok, point is, if you have a narrow butt, a small tummy & sleep the entire flight, you might be willing to pay extra for this seat.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

The flight from Amsterdam to Zurich was delayed due to a long waiting time for an empty gate, and no-show pax.
Thanks to the good information on board I was in time for my connecting flight. However, I discovered that somebody else had taken my trolley from overhead Luggage compartiment I was walking around with the wrong trolley. I could leave it in Zurich. Two days later Swiss delivered my missing trolley in Dubai. They informed me all the time in a correct way.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Swiss Air was not my first flight l. Have flown with them many times and this time was very disappointed with the service. Inspite of being a flight with a less passenger load, my husband and me were given vegetarian food even though we had requested a non vegetarian meal. The Indian pursur told us that since we were flying to Mumbai they carry more vegetarian meals. So we had no choice but to go without meal and make do with some bread and butter. Not expected of this airline at all. He Swiss stewardesses were polite but could do nothing.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

About 2 days before I flew, Swiss contacted me with a change to the seat allocations for me and my wife. Before the change, we were seated together, but after the change we were not. Once on the plane, a helpful stewardess asked another person to move, which he kindly did. Most people around us were individuals, not couples, so there would appear to be no reason for the seat change. I do not often use Swiss, but each time I do, they almost always change the seat allocation a day or so before the flight. It makes a mockery of seat selection when booking. This does not happen with budget airlines!

1  Thank Andrew E