“Excellent service for an unbeatable price!”
Review of Sunwing Airlines

Reviewed 3 May 2018

My partner and I booked an all-inclusive trip to Cuba from April 19th-26th. We received free champagne and sandwiches on the way to Cuba due to delayed flights that impacted other flyers. Both flights left on time. Very smooth. Excellent service!!!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
SunwingAirlines, Social Media Agent at Sunwing Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airline.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your travel experience with Sunwing. We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers’ travel expectations to ensure that they are satisfied with their vacation packages from the moment they board our flights, to their pleasant return back home. Your feedback and satisfaction are greatly valued.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Sunwing Airlines once again in the near future.

AP | Social Media Agent

Write a ReviewReviews (4,600)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Its so disappointing seeing that this airline can't get it right when other budget airlines can. We had an excellent experience in 2009 going to Cancun, and a absolutely horrible experience in 2016 flying to Cuba. Sunwing recognized this and gave us a $100 gift certificate to use on our next trip. Like we were gonna take another trip...... well we booked one........ again......, and we still havent taken the trip as its scheduled for 3 weeks from now, but this is what i experienced today. The only reason we booked is the Vacation package is basically $3k less expensive than a quality airline like WestJet. Please remember, you get what you pay for, and if you think for one second that Sunwing is going to provide you good Customer Service, you are wrong. I booked the trip for my girlfriend and step children secretly. After I told her about it, she explained to me that our 5 year old and her get sea sick and can't do the catamaran trip, so I told her I would look into it. I also had 2 friends that wanted to join us on the entire vacation so we were looking to buy 2 more full trip tickets. We booked on Friday, its Tuesday and I called Sunwing. The lady told me straight up that they cant do anything about the catamaran that we just spent $240 on, apparently their policy is no cancellations after 21 days, ironically its 20 days, and she wouldnt budge, then i asked her if we could book 2 more tickets at the same price we paid 3 days ago, and she said she can only charge us what is on the website, no deals. OK thanks Sunwing! So I looked into cancelling the entire trip with their worry free cancellation policy, well that costs money also. Is there a theme here? Its only a worry free cancellation policy if you buy it, and yes for sure you can cancel up to 3 hours before the flight..... if you buy the policy. Now here is the kicker, and please understand that I am doing all that I can to not lose composure on this telephone call. The lady asks me if I would like to book my seats, meaning would I like to buy $$$ preferred seating, and I kindly tell her I am not interested, so she goes on to tell me that my 5 year old may not be sitting next to me on the plane. I am livid at this point. I got 2 kids, I just booked a $5k vacation, you wont refund our catamaran trip 20 days before, and now you tell me that because I dont want to spend more money, my kids might not be sitting next to me. I fly a lot, Sunwing by far is the worst airline for Customer Service, they just don't get it. They want your money and they don't care about the rest. All those reviews that are 1 star, I 100% agree with them. We probably should have never re booked, because really what do you expect from a company that has 20+ 1 stars in a row on their reviews, but it also comes down to $$$ and Sunwing is the best price by far. You get what you pay for....

5  Thank Fouad S

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry to hear about your recent experience and completely understand the effect an experience like this causes on your overall vacation. Sunwing believes in offering world-class, unique customer service for each and every individual. It sounds like your recent experience fell much below our standards.

Sunwing prides itself on having a high standard of ethical business conduct, hiring, training and retaining the most talented staff and management team. It is our mission to treat each and every person that touches our business as a valued customer.

We would like to thank you for providing us with this crucial feedback. We will be forwarding this to the appropriate department for coaching purposes.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I will never fly with Sunwing ever again

1. Luggage mover broke down causing at least an hours delay checking in. There was no communication about this problem.
2. My husband asked that we be put in the back of the plane I was put in the very front of the plane and he was almost at the back of the plane
3. When I asked to be seated with my husband, the flight attendant was very rude and not helpful. The second time I asked she said sit where u want but could only see seats at the very front of the flight. there were people who paid 50.00 each for these horrid seats. They had made quite a fuss and were moved they were the worst seats on the plane The seats could not be adjusted, were extremely narrow and offered no legroom at all. This was the worst fight we have ever been on.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
3  Thank bcjoslin1

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly regret hearing of any disappointment with the services provided by Sunwing Airlines. Your feedback is greatly valued and will be addressed.

We thank you once again for your time and hope to welcome you on board another one of our flights in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Wow they give u no room at all, we upgraded to elite plus and didn't get much other than seat selection and a slightly quicker line for check in you don't get anything else, and priority bags is a joke but that goes for all airlines!! They really need a few business class seats

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly regret hearing of any disappointment with the services provided by Sunwing Airlines. We completely understand the effect an experience like this causes on your overall vacation as a lot of time and effort goes into planning one.

We continuously aim to rise above and beyond our customers' travel expectations with Sunwing therefore, your feedback is greatly valued and will be shared among the applicable departments.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We flew from Toronto to Cancun and vice versa. Both flights were perfect. No delays or issues encountered. We would recommend Sunwing and would definitely fly with them Again!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sunwing Airline.