“They gave away our seats due to a lap infant.”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would give them zero stars if it were possible. My family, wife, and two daughters, one under 2 years old were flying a nonstop flight from Orlando to BWI, and we didn't have good options for non-stop flights that worked with our schedule. I decided to book us on Spirit and pay for the Big A seats so it would be similar to flying in a normal flight. The Big A seats were another 150$ a seat, and I figured it was worth it. The day before the flight, I could not check-in for the flight, and I called Spirit customer service, after over an hour's wait I was informed that I could not check in online with a lap infant and would have to do so when I arrived at the airport. I was like ok, hmm. interesting I can do that. So we get to the airport about 2 hours before our flight and go through dropping our bags, and getting our boarding passes like we normally would, and nothing out of the ordinary happens. We get to our gate after having lunch in the airport, and wait for boarding, Once we start boarding they pull us off to the side and tell us our seats have been given away as we did not check in at least 3 hours before our flight. After about 30 mins they end up putting us on the flight, in three seats in the back of the plane. So they effectively just gave our big A seats away to someone else, and put us through a lot of stress. Such a strange thing to do to your customers. I do not understand this policy, and why they would create such an enemy out of customers.

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank Nathaniel L

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time with Spirit and definitely last time. 6 hours delayed flying to managua from houston. Return flight delayed by 2 hours, will miss the connection to houston. Not even a glass of water to apologize.

No explaination just “we are sorry”. I know understand why they should bankrupted.

Unfortunately the name of Sabena (Belgium) has been taken otherwise spirit should have taken this name : Such a Bloody Experience Never Again.

My only option (trying to change online) is to book another flight for $300 with spirit or to book with UA or Avianca. The companies I used to fly with before this “BS” trip.

2  Thank marc F
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spirit has always been a great airline for all my travel needs. Very comfortable and on time and safe smooth take off and landing.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am writing to express my profound dissatisfaction with the recent experience I had with your airline. I am astounded that your company is still in business given the level of service I received, which can only be described as a total scam.

Firstly, I was overcharged for my checked bags despite having paid for them in advance. I understand that if a bag exceeds the weight limit, an additional fee should apply. However, I was charged twice for a single bag weighing 55 pounds, resulting in a total cost of $400 for a return trip. This is outrageous and unjustifiable.

Moreover, the customer service I encountered was shockingly rude and unhelpful. There was no semblance of customer care, and I was left feeling utterly neglected. This lack of service is unacceptable and needs to be addressed immediately.

To add insult to injury, my flights were delayed by five hours on both legs of the trip. This turned my travel experience into a nightmare. Such delays are inexcusable and further demonstrate the airline's incompetence.

I demand a full refund for the excessive baggage charges and an explanation for the poor service and significant delays. I expect a prompt and satisfactory resolution to this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this serious issue.

1  Thank Fortune M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my first and also my last time flying with Spirit. I booked a flight for a party of seven for July. A week later, I requested to cancel one passenger. The agent (chat) canceled the wrong person, even though I kept typing in the name that needed to be removed. So, there was no misunderstanding there. Shortly after, I contacted Spirit again, and the agent stated there was nothing they could do and I needed to re-book. By this point, there were no seats available for the same flight with my family. WTF. No accountability.

1  Thank thomasfyi
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.