“Delta Delta Delta”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling with a minor that was adopted. The only thing we got was extra time! No snacks, had to beg for water, the flight attendants announced over the intercom"is this and emergency emergency?" If so, turn off light and turn it back on, she came to our seats and I informed her that the child needs water and she asked if the water was for him to take medications? Which is none of her business! She brought the water, warm and started telling the the pilot have them instructions and she had to listen to the pilot and blah blah blah! I told her the books get dry mouth and need water. She proceeded to talk about the pilot and the turbulence was not bad at all. They never served the consumers and to me Judy wasn't a good experience. Delta"told out the red carpet" for case managers that travel with children traveling to their adoptive homes. I'm sad to say I got Spirit airlines vibes on Southwest ... Delta it is from now on. Very disappointed

1  Thank 553eileeng

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Southwest’s reliability and quality has gone down tremendously over the last 4-5 years. They constantly have delays and cancellations, the planes are filthy and small, and some of the flight attendants are awful. They cancelled my flight from mdw to AZ 2 hours before departure for no apparent reason, and they rebooked my flight two days later and added a layover. I would recommend paying more for a different airline and a much better flying experience - you pay for what you get.

1  Thank Go32978899992
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew on Southwest and our plane was first delayed. After that we were put on a new plane with a pilot who wasn’t very good at flying and slammed the plane into the ground. The flight attendants were also very aggressive and rude. They yelled at everyone and even smacked a member of my party for sleeping before a safety briefing!

I cannot believe they were this rude and disrespectful and even smacked a paying customer!! Never choosing south west again!

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Customer Service Rep Renee Code 639 was absolutely terrific. She went over and above to correct my mistake while I was having a meltdown. She is absolutely the best !!!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am flying Southwest less and less, due to lack of service and airfares that are oftentimes more expensive than legacy carriers. On this particular flight, which is reflective of a flight I tried to take from PWM to MCO, but was cancelled, our aircraft had to return to the gate on two occasions due to an AC issue, and refueling because Southwest had cut the fuel so short that the 1+hour delay waiting to takeoff created a safety issue. In addition, the aircraft was so old, and the air-conditioning barely functioning that the pilot had to put on both engines, while waiting in line (#13 this time), despite it being against company policy. On this flight, and my flight from PWM to MCO I paid to upgrade my boarding (A1-15). Because we had to get off the plane at MCO I lost the right to be "first in line" and requested my $100 upgrade fee, that Southwest refused to refund. Worse was my trip from PWM where I spent $180 for my wife and me to board early, and Southwest cancelled the flight. I am still waiting for that refund which Southwest didn't automatically credit to my account despite the cancellation. After 3 calls to Southwest I was finally directed to an obscure link on the Southwest website to send an email. They wouldn't take care of it on the phone. I am now told it will be 30 days to get my refund. But, and this is the big "takeaway", if I hadn't pursued the refund Southwest would simply have kept my money. I'm sure I am not the only one this happens to. Beware!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.