“Cheap but not well organised”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Our luggage disappeared between Moscow and Gatwick - it took 2 days to get it back - and one bag was damaged. It looks like it didn’t get transferred in Prague where we had a ONE HOUR transfer time - we weren’t the only ones on our flight this happened to. Worst - it took them 2 days to trace them at all. Check in staff in Moscow were very fussy about the 15kg checked bag allowance - 1 kg over was refused - so they watched us repack (putting heavy stuff into our hand luggage!)
Prague had a further security scan so we had to ditch the water we had carefully refilled outside the toilets. No free water on the plane(s). The Moscow - Prague leg was a mixed CSA regular / Smartwings cheap ticket flight - so better leg room etc. Prague - Gatwick was just Smartwings and a 757-800 full up to the brim and no room in lockers - woman in front of me had been allowed on with a back pack and THREE large store bags!
I will try to avoid again

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed 4 October 2018

The flight from Corfu to Prague took 1 hour 55 minutes and it was quite good. I didn´t have any problem

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Check-in was performed on time, allowed luggage is only 15 kg, so I've paid for overweight (160 Kcs/kg). On-board team was friendly, supplied water free of charge. Toilets were in good condition.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I bought last minute ticket PRG-CAG- PRG (Sardegna – Cagliari) from the travel agency at discounted price otherwise there tickets are so expensive.Funnily enough with no-frill service. For their normal price I would never buy any ticket.

At Prague airport too slow and time consuming check-in. Flight from Prague on time and uneventful flight. The flight attendances just did their job, could be more smiling. Food and drinks for purchase. Before landing they served small cup of water for free. Sitting by the window I had a great view of the Alps and Sargdena landscape. The return leg with a significant delay due to the loading baggage more then one hour at Cagliari. No wonder that also some stuff from my luggage was stolen, they needed time to check it. Apart from damaging my baggage. So far no response from them after filling PIR (2 weeks now). The service to Prague the same with buy on board menu. The only positive and for me surprising point of the journey was the legroom of Boeing 737 -800was great. Too long waiting to get the baggage on carousel.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We were not notified that our morning flight was cancelled. The “excuse” which was given by SmartWings was that our tickets were bought via On-line travel agent Tripsta which should inform us in advance about the cancellation. But Tripsta went bankrupt.

Date of travel: August 2018