“Very nice budget airline”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I was very worried before my flight because there isn't a lot of reviews from smartwings and I was super worried about cancelled flights. But the flight was unexpectedly good! I booked my flight directly from smratwing's website so I was able to check-in online and there was no lineup for the luggage drop line at all (for some reasons, it seems that most people didn't/couldn't check-in online). Smartwings give customers a free 15kg check bag and a 5kg carry on. My checked luggage was 1kg over but the staff didn't say anything at all, which totally surprised me because budget airlines are really straight about those things. My carry on bag was totally over the 5kg luggage but they didn't even bother to weight any baggage. The flight was 30 min delayed and they changed the gate at the very last minute but no big deal. After I got on the plane, the flight attendants apologized for the delay and it took off right away. The flight itself was smooth, seats were ok, just standard budget airline service once your were on the plane.

Date of travel: June 2016
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed 12 June 2016

The whole process from booking to check-in is super easy, you don´t have to worry about check-in online, simply get to the airport and a member of staff will do it for you. Flight ok without any difficulties.

Date of travel: August 2015
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Well you get what you paid for - really downgraded plane but we got to our destination safe and on time for a low price.
What brought my attention is that they work in partnership with Czech Airlines - so be aware of this if you book with Czech.

Date of travel: May 2016
2  Thank Annie L
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Booked through sky scanner for a flight to Prague for 11 people.
I then got an email from Smartwings saying that half of my travellers have missed out on the flight that I have paid for and that if I wanted them to fly with us then I had to pay extra? I had no choice but to pay the extra as I needed all of us on the same flight.
Got to Gatwick airport and headed for the check-in desk, at this point I was wondering if the airline actually existed!
All went smoothly until we were seated on the plane. We was delayed for over an hour sitting on a boiling hot plane without air con!
******NOTE: you are entitled to 1x hand luggage and 1x 15kg checked in luggage, pretty good for a budget airline!******

On our return, we suffered a massive que at Prague airport where they only had 1x person at the check-in desk for an entire plane load of people! After queing for approx 1hr the airline finally got a few more people to help out at the check-in desks.
We were delayed by 30 mins overall.

Not too bad for a budget flight, you cannot check-in online if booked with skyscanner/budget airlines.

If I was flying again to Prague and found a reasonable priced flight with Smartwings then I would probably use them again.

Date of travel: June 2016
2  Thank Damien S
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Using this airline on regular basis, mostly the LGW-PRG route. Superb value pricewise, mostly new looking,clean aircraft and very pleasant and professional crew- which is not always the case on other low cost carriers.

Date of travel: May 2016