“Great Flight with World Class Service”
Review of Singapore Airlines

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
146 helpful votes
“Great Flight with World Class Service”
Reviewed 19 June 2017

One of the best airlines for a long business trip. I was in the premium economy and the way the treat their customers is always a lesson in customer service. The crew on both the legs Singapore - Narita and Narita - LA was just very good. The inflight entertainment system is one of the best equipped with a large load of material for you to choose from. The food served is very good and as per your order at the time of booking. I was pleasantly surprised even on the Narita - LA leg they were able to offer authentic Indian vegetarian food. Great Flight!

Travel Tip: Please ensure you select your seat in advance to help you get the best views
See more travel tips

Papamoa, New Zealand
137 helpful votes
“Great flight !”
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We haven't flown this airline for a few years in Business Class as felt we were paying a lot of money for poor service however this was not the case this time, the service was outstanding !! The food exceptional and the choice of movies fantastic. The only thing was not sleeping very well on a night flight, found the bed very hard compared to Air NZ's Business Class and also didn't like tucking our feet into such a confined space. However the seat was very wide and comfortable for a day time flight.

Adelaide
99 helpful votes
“Very Good ”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Flew Singapore Airlines through choice based on experience. Also flew Singapore from Changi to Hong Kong then return to Singapore and later to Adelaide. Always happy with their service and feel safe on their aircraft. As usual all flights have have cups. One leg we encountered food problems, but was sorted. The other 3 legs no problems. Probably biggest hassle is pre booking seats. Every couple wants to sit together in the 2 side seats. We booked a few months in advance but system would not allow us to pre book seats on 2 legs of our trip. We had to wait til check in. Then you virtually have to take what u given. One overnight trip we were given the seats just in front of the loos. These seats should be sold at 1/2 price as the disturbance with constant people traffic, light from opening and losing of doors, and the smell .... made a very unpleasant night flight! Tip! Refuse to sit here if given these seats! But overall this airline is great to fly with.

19 helpful votes
“Delayed flight !!! Could have been managed in a better way”
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I was flying on Singapore Airlines from Bengaluru to Yangon via Singapore. The flight experience from Bengaluru to Singapore was good, it was on time, the food was also great. Even the in-flight entertainment, I could watch some Indian movies. However, the flight from Singapore to Yangon got delayed by almost 2 hours, this was informed to us only after we boarded the flight. This part could have been handled in a better way, instead of keeping all the passengers inside the flight for this much time. Otherwise, I am completely satisfied with the flight experience.

Singapore, Singapore
10 helpful votes
“Where is that Singapore Airline girl touch?”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My family of 3 took a 2 way flight from Singapore to Stockholm via Moscow and back.

Singapore Airline is the national carrier of Singapore and whenever possible I will fly with SQ especially which my family. This time it is no exception.

It has all the high tech stuff that makes it one of the top airlines of the world. I enjoy especially the warm towel when we just board the plane. The food is good and plentiful if you have the appetite.

On the returning flight, I could not find another alternative date so I have to fly back to Singapore on my daughter's birthday. We board the plane in the morning knowing that most of her birthday will be spent on board of the plane and what's unfortunate is that because of the direction of our flight, she will lose 6 hours of her previous birthday.

We actually brought along a 'cake' but as it was more of a yogurt treat, the custom officer didn't allow us to bring it along. In one of my business trip with Air China, my colleague was given a birthday cake as they 'found out' that it was his birthday. I was sure our Singapore girls would do that too.

On the first part of the journey to Moscow, my wife could not wait so she asked if we could have a cake for my daughter. But they said that they don't have it but will ask the next crew that came for the longer leg of the journey to prepare. At least they gave her a small stuff toy even though my daughter turns 15. Gesture appreciated!!

What's disappointing is that for the next 13 hours, there was no cake. Nothing.

For me as a Singaporean, I decided not to ask as it is not an entitlement. It will be easier for me to accept if I am flying in another airline but because this is my national airline, I hope to remind the management not to lose that Singapore girl touch that makes us so special in the early years. It is not about the big budget marketing. It is that personal touch, especially the Singaporean children. You had your chance...