“First time using airline - quite good”
Review of SAS

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first experience with SAS - with not much frills / you get free water or coffee and everything else is paid for

Good airline everything went smooth check in flight on time decent transit time boarding was also smooth

Date of travel: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (7,690)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I flew from Oslo to London Heathrow and back. The fligth was OK but on the trip to London I looked at the Menu marked Winter for food but found out that most of the meals were missing. The steward remarked that the menu was new so that all the food items were not in the plane. Having made it more than half way through the winter we found that remark rather curious. On the way back I asked for sweetener for the tea. They did not have that. Small things but has never happened to us on Norwegian. On Norwegian the wifi is free for all the passengers and I tend to do a lot of work. On SAS you have to pay for WIFI.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For what you pay, as an adult you can't complain, but SAS seems to have become a bit of a budget carrier dressed up in a flag carrier's clothing: poor in-flight entertainment, mediocre food and drinks, but efficient transport from A to B. I have to commend the cabin crew on being efficient and polite and some of the ground staff in Copenhagen where we bounced were wonderfully friendly. However, the trip was tainted by a serious lack of consideration for families travelling with children and some pretty rude ground staff in Shanghai and London who paid no attention to the fact that on a long haul flight with young children a little consideration goes a particularly long way.

If I needed a cheap flight, I'd fly SAS again, but with a child, never. The ground staff attitude, uncleaned touch screens, the absence of goody bags or snacks that make a flight special for a kid, and the lack of enough in-flight entertainment to keep a child occupied on a return long-haul flight mean that for me this is never a family flight.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

No problems in outward and inward flights. Good on board service. Just strange that no announcements that Gold and Premium members have priority for boarding. Meals are packed strange way , but eatable .Just a question-why SAS has refused Business class within Europe flights?

Reviewed 17 February 2019

No issues with the flight really. Check in was easy, although the check in lady was a bit stern. They did change the gate without an announcement though. I just happened to look up at the board and noticed it. The actual flight was comfortable enough. We stopped off in Tromso where we had to get off the plane, go to gate 20 and have passports checked before re-boarding. It was a bit confusing as, although an announcement was made on the plane to do this, we had our headphones on and missed it. We weren’t the only was looking lost though.
For the return flight we upgraded to SAS Plus. I originally thought we were upgrading to Business. But as it is domestic there wasn’t a business class. Flight was OK. Had a spare seat next to me, leg room was enough. No entertainment though but we did get fed.