“Pretty bad experience”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I made seat reservations months ago. The reservations were ignored and I ended up with awful seats. After being assured multiple times that my connection between two flights would work, it did not and I had to spend an extra night. The app does work. The website does not work. I have been trying for many days to select a seat for the return flight, and keep getting the message “something went wrong, try again later”. I will avoid flying on Qatar from now on!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I think this must be the worst airline we have used, and we've travelled a lot.
Very unhelpful and unfriendly staff who act as if they would rather be anywhere else but on our flight.
The food served was the worst ever and most we found inedible.
I would never travel with them again. My advice is steer well clear if you want to enjoy your ✈️

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

6hrs delayed on a return flight with NO communication from the airline at all! Arrived to check in, to find out the flight is 6hrs delayed.
My flight to Miami was also delayed 2hrs with a change of aircraft (aka NO QSuite which is why I booked with this airline)
Horrible customer service! 1st time on Qatar airways and wo definitely be my last. Seems like Business class is more like cattle class on Qatar airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I purchased business class ticket from JFK to BOM via DOHA. Upon checking in, I noticed my flight from DOHA to BOM was economy instead of business. I asked why, they told me they don’t have business class in that segment but I will get all the other business class services and experience. I arrived at DOHA and asked the customer service Desk for the business class lounge. They gave me directions and I checked with them the information I was given at JFK. They confirmed I have access to lounge. I have 6hrs transit. I arrived the lounge checking and they gave me access to head to the reception. At the lounge reception they told me I don’t have access to the lounge because my next flight with Indigogo does not have access to the lounge. After nearly and hour trying to fix it, the told me I cannot get access to the water airways lounge.

This is my first flight with qater and will be the last. Bad customer service experience for a business class ticket.

1  Thank Tamba L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently flew from San Francisco (SFO) to Cochin (COK) with our 2-month-old baby on Qatar Airways, and it was an absolute nightmare from start to finish.

We booked our tickets months in advance and made sure to reserve bassinet seats by calling customer service a month before our flight. But the day before our trip, I was shocked to find our seats had been reassigned when I tried to check in via the app.

I immediately called Qatar Airways’ customer service multiple times, and every time, I got the same useless response: a system glitch had changed our seats, and nothing could be done. We were assured that an email was sent to the airport team to arrange at least one bassinet seat for my wife and baby, but nothing was sorted out by the time we reached the airport.

At the check-in counter, after an hour of back-and-forth, the staff told us they would try to negotiate with a lady sitting in a bassinet seat who didn’t have a child. Of course, she refused to switch, claiming she had paid for her seat. The end result? Parents with infants, including us, were left struggling in regular, cramped seats for a 16-hour flight, while childless passengers enjoyed the bassinet seats.

It’s clear that Qatar Airways prioritizes financial gain over passenger comfort. This experience was beyond frustrating and showed a complete lack of consideration for families traveling with infants. Qatar Airways prioritizes profit over passenger comfort, and their customer service is utterly ineffective. We felt helpless and distressed throughout the journey, dealing with a 2 month old baby in a cramped space while bassinet seats remained occupied by those without children.

I am extremely disappointed and will never book with Qatar Airways again. If you're traveling with young children, look elsewhere – this airline does not care about your needs.

#QatarAirways #TravelNightmare #NeverAgain #FamilyTravel #CustomerServiceFail

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.