“Bad business class experience at DOHA with Qater airways”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I purchased business class ticket from JFK to BOM via DOHA. Upon checking in, I noticed my flight from DOHA to BOM was economy instead of business. I asked why, they told me they don’t have business class in that segment but I will get all the other business class services and experience. I arrived at DOHA and asked the customer service Desk for the business class lounge. They gave me directions and I checked with them the information I was given at JFK. They confirmed I have access to lounge. I have 6hrs transit. I arrived the lounge checking and they gave me access to head to the reception. At the lounge reception they told me I don’t have access to the lounge because my next flight with Indigogo does not have access to the lounge. After nearly and hour trying to fix it, the told me I cannot get access to the water airways lounge.

This is my first flight with qater and will be the last. Bad customer service experience for a business class ticket.

1  Thank Tamba L

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently flew from San Francisco (SFO) to Cochin (COK) with our 2-month-old baby on Qatar Airways, and it was an absolute nightmare from start to finish.

We booked our tickets months in advance and made sure to reserve bassinet seats by calling customer service a month before our flight. But the day before our trip, I was shocked to find our seats had been reassigned when I tried to check in via the app.

I immediately called Qatar Airways’ customer service multiple times, and every time, I got the same useless response: a system glitch had changed our seats, and nothing could be done. We were assured that an email was sent to the airport team to arrange at least one bassinet seat for my wife and baby, but nothing was sorted out by the time we reached the airport.

At the check-in counter, after an hour of back-and-forth, the staff told us they would try to negotiate with a lady sitting in a bassinet seat who didn’t have a child. Of course, she refused to switch, claiming she had paid for her seat. The end result? Parents with infants, including us, were left struggling in regular, cramped seats for a 16-hour flight, while childless passengers enjoyed the bassinet seats.

It’s clear that Qatar Airways prioritizes financial gain over passenger comfort. This experience was beyond frustrating and showed a complete lack of consideration for families traveling with infants. Qatar Airways prioritizes profit over passenger comfort, and their customer service is utterly ineffective. We felt helpless and distressed throughout the journey, dealing with a 2 month old baby in a cramped space while bassinet seats remained occupied by those without children.

I am extremely disappointed and will never book with Qatar Airways again. If you're traveling with young children, look elsewhere – this airline does not care about your needs.

#QatarAirways #TravelNightmare #NeverAgain #FamilyTravel #CustomerServiceFail

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Qatar Airways always sends emails about promotions on Avios. They often offer more than a 50% bonus in addition to what you buy. Unfortunately, I thought that if I bought these Avios, I would be able to use them to upgrade to business class. Guess what? Since the day I bought them, I haven’t been able to use them for any business class upgrades. Even if I want to buy an economy ticket, I would lose a lot compared to what I paid

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Business class customer, they lost my luggage and blamed Vueling and didn't help me retrieve it. Since I booked with Qatar, paid Qatar and had bag tracking via Qatar, and notified them of my lost luggage, I didn't file a PIR with Vueling and lost my luggage and don't get a compensation. Horrible experience. I lost two bags with a lot of expensive clothes and get nothing. Customer service doesn't help, both airlines don't communicate. They don't assume any responsibility. I will never fly with Qatar again.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

PLEASE AVOID BOOKING CONNECTION FLIGHT WITH THEM!

I booked a flight Dubai-Frankfurt and on the way back Amsterdam-Dubai.
Then I received an invitation to participate in the tourism summit in Arusha. So, the ideal scenario will be to fly from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro airport.
Luckily, Qatar Airways has the flight to Kilimanjaro.
Unluckily, they are not flexible at all! I called to Qatar Aiways and asked them if I can amend my ticket to go to Kilimanjaro instead of Dubai.
Finally, after talking with Qatar I understood that nothing is possible with this airlines and I booked my flight with Ethiopian. So, I was ready to do 3 stop overs (Doha, Dubai, Addis-Ababa) just to catch my meeting. However, Qatar Airlines just ruined my plans.
My flight from Amsterdam was delayed and for one hour. We landed in Doha, and I still have 45 min to my next flight. I run like a horse to my connecting flight to Dubai and I came to the gate while boarding still was going.
However, the staff of Qatar Airways denied me and other passengers at that time from boarding, because "your flight is delayed, and we already amended you to the next flight". WHO ASKED YOI TO AMEND IF I CAME WHILE THE FLIGHT WAS BOARDING?!! That's it. I talked to them, I cried, I shout, I asked them: "I am here, the flight is here, why don't you just let me in". No, just NO.
I fell so frustrated, my whole trip is ruined because if these airlines. I am so much disappointed.
I have missed the participate in the summit, just because some idiots decided not let me to the flight.

NO FLEXIBILITY WHILE BOOKING, AND DENYING THE CUSTOMERS FROM BORDING JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT SO.
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.