“Lost luggage - blamed Vueling.- Business Class traveler. Worst service ever”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Business class customer, they lost my luggage and blamed Vueling and didn't help me retrieve it. Since I booked with Qatar, paid Qatar and had bag tracking via Qatar, and notified them of my lost luggage, I didn't file a PIR with Vueling and lost my luggage and don't get a compensation. Horrible experience. I lost two bags with a lot of expensive clothes and get nothing. Customer service doesn't help, both airlines don't communicate. They don't assume any responsibility. I will never fly with Qatar again.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

PLEASE AVOID BOOKING CONNECTION FLIGHT WITH THEM!

I booked a flight Dubai-Frankfurt and on the way back Amsterdam-Dubai.
Then I received an invitation to participate in the tourism summit in Arusha. So, the ideal scenario will be to fly from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro airport.
Luckily, Qatar Airways has the flight to Kilimanjaro.
Unluckily, they are not flexible at all! I called to Qatar Aiways and asked them if I can amend my ticket to go to Kilimanjaro instead of Dubai.
Finally, after talking with Qatar I understood that nothing is possible with this airlines and I booked my flight with Ethiopian. So, I was ready to do 3 stop overs (Doha, Dubai, Addis-Ababa) just to catch my meeting. However, Qatar Airlines just ruined my plans.
My flight from Amsterdam was delayed and for one hour. We landed in Doha, and I still have 45 min to my next flight. I run like a horse to my connecting flight to Dubai and I came to the gate while boarding still was going.
However, the staff of Qatar Airways denied me and other passengers at that time from boarding, because "your flight is delayed, and we already amended you to the next flight". WHO ASKED YOI TO AMEND IF I CAME WHILE THE FLIGHT WAS BOARDING?!! That's it. I talked to them, I cried, I shout, I asked them: "I am here, the flight is here, why don't you just let me in". No, just NO.
I fell so frustrated, my whole trip is ruined because if these airlines. I am so much disappointed.
I have missed the participate in the summit, just because some idiots decided not let me to the flight.

NO FLEXIBILITY WHILE BOOKING, AND DENYING THE CUSTOMERS FROM BORDING JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT SO.
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just don’t fly this airline. Seems to be nearly impossible to leave a negative review! Site keeps reloading.

Short version (try 3). Just don’t fly Qatar. Service and request made before the gate are futile.
Lots of apologies onboard. But if you can’t eat for 15 hours !

As I said. Don’t book.

1  Thank Tourist50957567098
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline slow service very rude staff.
I don’t know who gave world best airlines
In what universe are people living in giving this worst airline world best airlines.
Do not travel horrible experience and very low services
Would not recommend this airline better of with Singapore.
Very bad service and very rude staff and not kidz friendly

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am profoundly disappointed, frustrated and appalled with the handling of my flight cancellation and subsequent interactions with Qatar Airways.

In February 2024, I cancelled a flight and was led to believe that the value of my ticket would be retained as a voucher. However, when I attempted to use this credit today being a little over three months later, I was informed, after over 6 hours of long and frustrating phone calls, that it was actually an "open ticket" and that I would need to pay an additional $400 to use it. This critical detail was never disclosed to me at the time of cancellation, and I did not even know what an “open ticket” was anyway. The average consumer would not understand the difference between an open ticket and a voucher, and I was certainly not informed of it.

Today, over the course of eight hours, I attempted to book a flight with multiple customer service representatives who displayed a lack of competence and understanding of the situation. Each time, I requested to speak with a supervisor or manager but was repeatedly told that none were available and that calls were not transferable. I logged a chat three times, all of which were terminated by Qatar Airways representatives without resolution.

In frustration, I opted to cancel my ticket entirely, incurring a $700 cancellation fee. Following this, I was informed that it would take 30 days to process my refund. At the time of cancellation, I also lodged a formal complaint. Shortly after the cancellation, I received a call from a representative from the complaints department. During this call, I made it clear that I was no longer willing to waste my time with incompetent staff. Subsequently, I received an email transcript of a conversation purportedly from me, written in broken English. This fraudulent document does not reflect my communication, as English is my first language, and I am fluent.

Due to these repeated failures in customer service, withholding of crucial fare-related information, and the financial and emotional distress caused to me and my family, I am left with no choice but to pursue legal action against Qatar Airways. This experience has been incredibly stressful and financially burdensome.

I strongly urge other potential consumers to exercise extreme caution. Buyer beware!

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank GreggDeeBurr
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.