“Horrible treatment of loyal customers.”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrible treatment of loyal customers. I booked flights back in August 2023 with Qatar Airways to fly in May 2024, and as part of my booking, I specifically selected exit row seats and no cost was encountered as I am a Gold member. I received email confirmation outlining with a green tick that these seats were confirmed. Since August, my loyalty status has been reduced to Silver and despite booking my flights well in advance and selecting specific seats, I have now learned, just two weeks prior to my scheduled departure, that my seat allocation has been cancelled. I had no communication that my active booking was affected. I have not been informed about this change. This lack of communication and transparency is deeply concerning and find it unacceptable.
I then call to discuss this with "customer service" and was treated terribly. We are on the same booking and not even sat together - they want to charge us $600 to sit together on the same booking. Outrageous!
I will now actively recommend that people do not fly Qatar.

1  Thank Hero Hunter F

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have very terrible experiences with this airline my mom handbag is lost because they don’t put tag on handbag because my mom is old unable to carry it that’s why she deposited we try to email them but they no answer there was very important stuff of my mom in that bag what we do now it has been ‘more than one month

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bad service poor entertainment and bags took FOREVER to come through at Heathrow. It was poor on the way out to Doha too, (food ran out) no rolls. Never would use again. Emirates far superior and also so was Oman air.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

worse costumer service ever, were not able to perform a simple task amendment to reservation, worse not able to give an answer made me wait more than 10 hours not for a solution but to investigate if solution is possible ... no single point of contact made me talk to 5 different person who had no idea bout the issue... no follow up and no concern for the client, ticket was for my 75 years old mother !

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank pierre s
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Qatar air I will never recommend. Iphone and ID fell out and left on a plane, tracked it to Paris airport terminal 2. Over 20 different attempts to get a response, eventually they stated they had the phone and were sending it back, never have. Despite multiple attempts again 17 emails and phone calls, still no response. As far as I am concerned Qatar stole our phone and ID.
Seats are thin. Entertainment is old movies. Food poor. Wheel on our bag was ripped off (unsure if airport or Qatar).

Date of travel: September 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.