“Improving service. Safe flying.”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I almost chose another airline as Qantas let us down majorly 2 years ago with a terrible service throughout the flight. I decided to give another chance. I am glad I did as it had improved on our last experience. The food was better, the entertainment could have been a bit better but wasn't bad. The service on QF1 was a bit of a let down. I had a staff member keep missing us on the drinks and meals so when I called her after she went past us totally missing us she didnt apologise just told me to wait. Not a good response to a poor job being done really.
On the whole the plane was clean and the flight was very smooth and I felt the captain was really good and kept us all up to date and tried to get out of any bumpy parts, which I am most thankful for as a nervous flyer.
Mostly I choose Qantas because it is usually a smooth flight and I find their captains are always very good at communicating. This is why I will choose them again over others. I feel safe.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to use our Australian airline to reach Singapore in Business Class. It was a poor choice. The seats were no where near as comfortable as those on our next flight with Turkish Airlines. The cabin service was was minimalist and the much touted meals service was non existent. 4 meals were on offer but by the time they reached us it was down to one! So no choice at all. The food allegedly designed by Neil Perry, was not even a C- rating. Tired and tasteless stodge. He should check, as his product name is being used in vain. Our next flight with Turkish Airlines was a valuable comparison. Attentive, happy service, wide choice of delicious food and outstanding sleeping facilities. Another reason to take QANTAS off you flight choices!

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

-unlike other airlines that provide free seats allocation for family with babies, Qantas requires us to pay
- rude customer service and keep saying cannot understand what I'm saying even I try to spell out to them letter by letter (I was told they as Racist and this is so true)
- only can check in 24hrs before. Forced to purchase flight seats and they are very expensive
- this will be my very last time taking Qantas

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Disappointed with all the service from start to finish. Instead of boarding at 10.55 am, we waited until 12.30 pm. We were on our seats at 1.15 pm and at 2.08 pm ready to fly. They had some technical issues.

This was an international flight (14.15 hrs flight time) with nothing provided...eg. socks (for more commodities in economy class).

The food was horrible, not eatable...people were commenting that the same food was served on domestic flights too.
The same story was on the way back, only we departed on time. This time we bought something to eat on the plain.

Qantas has to be ashamed of flying overseas with a service like this. Fly attendants didn't show any enthusiastic customer service...acting like robots. If you asked them something about food, they looked at us surprised; no comment on any of our questions. Very well trained!!!

This is the worst experience ever. It's a time for Qantas bosses to sit in economy class and fly overseas.

We are all very proud of our beautiful Australia and do not deserve a bad reputation, because of Qantas. The first impression is the last one!

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew from Jakarta to Melbourne to Brisbane to Sydney and back to Jakarta. The handling staff damaged 2 of my Delsey luggage bags...the moment I wanted to file a complaint I had a strong feeling they were not going to do to anything because of their attitude....and how correct I was.....they asked me to complaint through the app and wait....after a week or so they contacted me and asked me to send them details and so on....emails in and out and after having spent weeks replying their email they agreed to pay me a mere fee of 27 Aud and when I wanted to fill their form it said my case has been closed since I took a week to submit the form as I was out of town for work purpose.....what sort of airline does this? After going through so much of trouble it was a complete waste if time....and it's not that their ground service is good...nor is their flight service out of this world....I would recommend u as a passenger to avoid taking this airline

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.