“Lack of compassion and humanity.”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to travel to attend a funeral in Fiji. Because it was a bereavement, I booked a flight at short notice and was charged a fare of $3036 economy return. Since there was a online booking issue, I had to call and make the booking. There was no compassion shown by the officer. Response I got was because I was booking for a flight a day before the flight that’s why it would cost $3036 instead of the $875. How could I have booked any earlier? Do we know days/weeks before if someone would die and we would attend the funeral? Other airlines have seats available for such emergencies and do not charge such astronomical fares.

Date of travel: December 2023
2  Thank Sam m

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst flight I have ever experienced. The flight was delayed by 4hours and they didn’t even give us an explanation for the reason for the delay. We had a connecting flight from our destination and of course we missed it and to pay a hefty amount for a new booking.
We would advise to avoid Qantas or be prepared for delays and losing time & ‘money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight delay by 2.5 hours, with no sincere apology or clear communication from beginning. No regards for people who have connecting flights.

1  Thank Sandeep G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival at the Qantas business lounge I asked if any delay to my flight "def not all on time!" 60 mins later; "Due to the late arrival of this plane will be a slight delay". This will have been known when I first enquired.
Lounge announced flight boarding, I arrive at gate - not boarding for another 10 minutes! Not the 1st time this has happened
Seat 6C - IFE only partially working. couldn't watch half the content.
Food was good and tasty, although passengers thought they were getting a burger when told one of the choices was the "Beef Burger D".. should have read Beef Burgundy or why not call it beef casserole.
Crew were polite and a young chap Chris was a cut above. He was excellent!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew with 2 kids from Sydney to Buenos Aires. Our flight was suppose to be QF27 Sydney-Santiago and KL702 Santiago-BuenosAires. The company does not take seriously the leg Santiago-Buenos Aires. I've heard quite often of people getting automatic cancellations for their flights, so LATAM can take over those passengers with LA477. Indeed that was our case. Always cancellations happen in Santiago or even when you are still flying. The flight attendants inform you of the cancellation and the LATAM flight that you need to take (they give you no option for change). We waited in Santiago a few hours and we lost our connection from Buenos Aires to our hometown. We asked, requested for another Aerolineas Argentinas flight we knew had available seats and they said we had to take LATAM. Very dodgy! Looks like an intern arrangement between Qantas and LATAM.

We have to take now the return flights. Let's see what happens now.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank amandakQ8333PP
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.