“Qantas experience.”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Their connecting flight was missed due to a delay in Auckland. The pilot on our flight from Auckland came on the intercom and said that all the people flying to Los Angeles had nothing to worry about because that flight was also delayed. A very rude attendant met us at our gate and told us to keep moving and go away. We had no idea where to but were aware that we would not be on the flight to Los Angeles. A 13 hour trip turned into a 25 hour nightmare. Qantas made no apology but justified their actions with their legal obligations and their contract with us. They decided to fly us to Melbourne first and then to Los Angeles. With multiple delays ( 5 hours in Sydney and 5 hours in Melbourne, and flying to Melbourne for 2 hours). The other “option” was to stay in Sydney, fly the next day, and go Coach instead of Business Class. In business class (a $7,000 ticket for each of us) we received very poor service. For most of the flight we didn’t see a flight attendant. When we asked for a piece of bread, or something, they came 20 minutes later.
Just a horrible experience.
One lady at the check-in counter in Sydney told us that she felt bad and gave us gift cards worth 90 Australian dollars … they were invalid. We have tried them several times. This is what Qantas thinks of their full paying customers!? Never again.

1  Thank Frank B

Reviewed 3 March 2024

oh dear me. I booked Qantas not because they were the cheapest, but I thought I'd pay a bit extra for extra service. they are the national flag carrier after all? pretty shocked by what I found - This was my first time flying Qantas long haul.

firstly the seat that I was in was broken - didn't recline at all. another passenger behind me on the return leg had the same problem so obviously they don't check and fix these kind of issues between trips. reclining is vital for comfort.

this was an a380 but must have been very early model which hadn't been updated. the usb is in the arm rest which is very inconvenient. modern planes have it next to the screen. but in any case mine was broken - so no power for the whole flight. good job I had my battery.

so I tried the on board video. it really felt about 10 or 15 years out of date. it was pressure sensitive - not like modern phones or pads which are capacitive touch sensitive. so to register a press I had to press hard into the screen, then it took about 10 seconds for it to register, by which time I'd pressed again , so it registered it twice, and then took me somewhere else.

the screen resolution looked about 300 lines - very fuzzy and grainy. no detail at all.

also, why are you advertising FORK LIFT TRUCKS when a video starts??? who's going to be buying one of those on a flight??? "drinks, perfume, jewelry, fork lifts anyone?"

and please spare us the tedious 'safety' video which is full of qantas employees' 'my magic place' . no one cares, just go the safety video. it just makes it tediously long so you're less inclined to watch it.

food. grim. I've flown emirates, Thai, Japan, Singapore and others and I always get a collection of several dishes along with the main. like fruit, bread, crackers, the main and a dessert. Qantas just plonked one tray which was just the main in front of me, and a lump of bread - with NO BUTTER! what am I meant to do with that? just eat it dry?

the cutlery was wooden - yes the same you get from a take away on the street. the same useless knife and fork which are unable to cut and stab as is their purpose. I know they're probably going all eco with this, but it's better to have metal cutterely which actually works, and can be reused thousands of times. I don't want to feel like I'm at my local chippy.

the final insult was the Qantas app refused to show me my boarding pass on Singapore so I had to wait to get a paper copy. no error just no button to show it. worked fine all the other legs :/

can't say I'll be rushing to use Qantas again based on this experience

Reviewed 29 February 2024

Terrible customer service. Won't recommend to anyone I know. I'll never use them again. Flight attendants are discriminating people too.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Charitha G
Reviewed 29 February 2024

Do not expect any customer care from Qantas. Not only is it impossible to speak to someone (our only option was to email customer care) they simply do not care about their customers. We cancelled a booking and were under the impression that the credit lasted 12 months. When we tried to use the credit it had expired much sooner than the 12 Months we expected and only by 2 days. They refused to extend the credit despite. We explained that we needed to fly for a family emergency and had a young baby in the mix with financial hardship. They couldn't have cared less, stuck to their arbitrary rule. We have always been loyal Qantas customers and it's no wonder customer satisfaction is waning. Will never fly with Qantas again.

Date of travel: May 2023
Reviewed 28 February 2024

This is typical Qantas, delays yet again to Hawaii . Always !!
No notice, until just before boarding.
Do they care, not one bit.
Of course something wrong with the plane & need a new one. Who knows!!
So sick of their retric
We better get out with the curfew or ??!!
They just can not help themselves & the reputation continues to suck.
Business lounge at Sydney also very tired

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.