“Excellent flight - comfortable for short haul; great staff”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 1 January 2020

Excellent service and comfort for an economy short haul flight. Travelled with Qantas between Melbourne and Sydney; also Wellington to Auckland. No problems at all; good flights.

2  Thank Louise D
Write a reviewReviews (19,713)

Reviewed 1 January 2020

Hi we canceled our flights this morning but received details for check in this evening. Tried online messaging for one half hours. Gave up and rang them on the qantas frequent flyer number, we are gold class. Was advised waiting time was 4 to 5 minutes. 27minutes and 38 seconds I hung up. How bad is this for our National airline. Shame on you

Date of travel: January 2020
4  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 1 January 2020

Our return flight from a Bali holiday was late at both ends. The food was also not up to standard and was served at the same time as both a pre dinner drink and tea/coffee. No excuse as the flight was only about one third full. The seat back entertainment system was also slow to respond and the tv program selection was not as good as previous experience. Disappointing when paying premium prices for Qantas flights.

1  Thank Ginty012
Reviewed 1 January 2020

The flight and service was great as usual.

The disappointing issue was some grub in baggage knocked off my distance finder from my bag.

I went into the PERTH business lounge to raise the issue and was told to ring customer service. Then I was told that what travel insurance is for?

Gee if I said to my customers Mr Joyce I would be out of business. Pity we have a duopoly.

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 1 January 2020

I have been flying with Qantas for years. I understand its hardware is never compatible to airlines like Emirate or Qatar, and its service is never as good as ANA or Singapore airline. Though it still my first choice of international flight, more for supporting the flying kangaroo. However the recent experience of the flight to Hong Kong was a big disappointment.

Booked my flight more than half year ago for a Christmas holiday, then was informed the plane was changed from A380 to 747 - one of the oldest model in Qantas' fleet that about to retire in the coming year. Contacted customer service and the best they can offer is a refund without any additional compensation. Since it's close the holiday season there's no way for me to book a different flight with the similar price. That left me with no choice but swallowed it.

Then, the flight itself. I've flied Qantas 747s between SF and Sydney many times so quite familiar with them (recently changed to 787 btw). As expected, the plane was old. Chair, entertainment systems, toilet, everything. Also, the meal was horrible, particular the lamb kofta, it's cold and tasteless. Maybe Neil Perry designed the menu but if that food was served in his restaurant, the chef would be fired for sure.

Will I still fly with Qantas? Probably yes. I still believe Qantas pilots are one of the best in the world and trust them to fly me safely to any destination.But for this flight, it's a big disappointment.

3  Thank Bruce L
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.