“Airport service - fast, friendly & helpful”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mazhar (check in agent) was beyond considerate during check-in. He made for a smooth and seamless checkin, and gave assistance when I was struggling with my luggage.
Perfect and kind service - not every day you get someone like this at the airport. He gave a perfect impression on behalf of Oman Air's overall service.

His supervisor made for an awkward and stressful situation for the checkin staff as I was leaving the desk (hence 4/5*)..

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (2,848)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I flew business with Oman Air from Brisbane to London a couple of months ago. Oman Air doesn't fly directly in and out of Brisbane but they codeshare with Etihad to Abu Dhabi. Then the rest of the way with Oman Air. Etihad was good but the highlight was Oman Air.
Planes were excellent. Offset seating allowed my wife and I to independently get out of our seat without disturbing the other. Flat beds of course and the widest foot rest of all the business class seats I've travelled. (In comparison Thai Air business foot rest was the narrowest and you have to climb over your partner to go to the toilet if you're in the window seat.)
An absolute highlight was the Oman Air business lounge. It's taken a few years to build the new airport but well worth waiting for. The wide variety of food on offer, cooked deliciously, the bar, the longe seating, all added up to a very enjoyable transit wait.
Pricing was well below alternative airlines.
A quality product for a quality price.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank Smokey_bill
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The young lady at the check-in needs to train or read up on entry requirements for countries. She asked if I needed a visa for Bangkok-when I had handed over a British passport (she ought to know the entry requirements). I then said I was en-route to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, again she asked if I needed a visa?? She should be telling me whether or not I am permitted on board. Regardless given I was at Heathrow Airport I surely could not have been the first British passport holder heading to Bangkok via Muscat on this airline.

At the gate it was not possible to know which queue to stand in as it was not announced and there was a snaking queue, but before I joined it, the staff had opened a 2nd queue unannounced, so I was at the front- to the annoyance of those who had stood for 20 mins in the snake.

The journey is itself was average- but i was in economy. The legspace was miniscule, the television service barely had any entertainment worth watching. The food was good, the crew very polite. Unfortunately I did see something which on any other day would have enraged me, three white passengers used the toilet at the front of seat 20, curtained off from business class I think. The crew said nothing. When the Sri Lankan passenger went he was turned away and told to use the toilets at the rear, but he couldn't get there as the trolley was being used either side. There was a pattern for the rest of the flight that no white passenger was turned away from the front toilets. Lets leave it there, I doubt whether OmanAir would admit to any racial discrimination.

The changeover in Muscat was strange, no one was told where to go or what to do. I almost exited the airport as the turn off for transfers was not marked other than one sign which was covered by the security man. Neither was there any signs that said water in bottles was not allowed. The gate from which my connecting flight was departing from was not marked properly leading a "queue" of sorts but people were entering from different angles. At the gate front there was a verbal announcement for families and business class to go first, but without a speaker, I doubt whether anyone actually heard it. Cue the angry faces of those told to wait another few minutes. Middle East airports look good in photos but aren't that great in reality.

Is this airline better than Emirates- no, why would it be it doesn't claim to be. Those who fly the Heathrow-Middle East route en route to SE Asia or Australia-land get used to the comfort/entertainment/service, because of the time it takes.

Date of travel: November 2018
3  Thank kal77uk
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I took Oman air from London, to Dar es Salaam via Muscat and Zanzibar. Great crew and the food was excellent.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

I strongly do not recommend Omanair to any body.
We had 4 luggage that all arrived late!!!
One after 1 day
Two after 2 days
Last one after 4 days!!!!!!
And the most important point is they opened all our luggages and damaged a lot of items.
I asked them for explanation and toll, but it is already 4 months passed and I did not heard from them.
I attached just photo of a pair of shoes that were brand new and look what did they do with!!!!

Date of travel: July 2018