“Good flight ”
Review of MIAT Mongolian Airlines

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The plane was a 737-800, in good condition. Seats were comfortable. Staff were very friendly and polite. They served a good meal. Before landing they served a pizza that was very good.
Baggage upon arrival arrived fast.
I would highly recommend the airline.

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank wolf3728

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Arrived 3 hours earlier ( 6 am) to the airport to find out the flight was delay ( from screen infos) . As i had to be in Berlin that same day, i asked for more infos.
The only thing all agents presents could say is " wait". No english speaker from that company.
we waited 5 hours without any explanation besides. "seat here and wait" they even fake searching for infos but as they didn't understand a word neither .
Result. lost my connection in Berlin. rebooked an extra flight plus night hotel in Berlin.

Wrote to the company. Result. SILENCE!
BAYARLALAA

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Food and Beverage
2  Thank MarionC1898
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

My friend’s luggage was not arriving with her. Her luggage arrived in the next day.
When we told this happened to our guide in UB she said it’s normal, often happens. Not only her baggege left in Beijing but some passengers as well.
In general, flight are fun and on time.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank ErykahBlack
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Cathay Dragon was on this flight, but this was MIAT's flight.

Did not advance online check in but still got decent seats.
Standard seats ok, no screen just like low cost carriers.
Food was ok for a under 4hrs flight.

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Food and Beverage
1  Thank samuraigun
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I had a bad experience and I didn't even fly MIAT airlines. I missed my flight to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from Beijing at 1:40am in the morning, as I arrived and there were no staff from MIAT airlines to a) help with check-in, or b) direct me to get onto the next flight or get reimbursed for the flight. Not one person was there. I went to the attending airport customer service to ask for help and they called MIAT airlines 3 times (2 times before flight and one time after), to which on the third time, they called, MIAT airlines picked up talked with the attendee and when attendee asked them if they could talk to me, they refused, while I was standing there listening in. Beyond being enraged at not getting to talk to MIAT personnel at all, I later was able to get in contact with the Manager of MIAT Airlines in Beijing, to which he threatened to sue me if I wrote a bad review. That is quite ridiculous. I had only asked MIAT Airlines to send a written documentation to the third party Feixu platform on Alipay that I had bought the ticket on to help me get reimbursement of 500rmb for the ticket, a ticket I bought for 2700rmb and they refused. In this case, as they are the airline, I don't believe they lose any money. It would be just be providing documentation to get the third party to reimburse me the 500rmb. I complained to them about their service personnel being intentionally unavailable to talk post missing the flight and instead of helping to resolve the situation, and when I said that I will be posting on TripAdvisor to warn other people, the Manager threatened they, MIAT Airlines, could come and sue me. True story. Never fly MIAT Airlines if you have to. Poor service on top of added injury to passengers. I definitely don't recommend this airline or their staff. I am appalled at the way I was treated by a Manager.

Date of travel: June 2018